Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an auxilliary connector hidden on this bike that is controlled by the ignition? I have had several bikes with one hidden away for factory add ons. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,118 Posts
My ZZR 1200 had two fused accessory leads (unswitched) but I don't think the 14 has any. The two circuits I added have their own fuses and switches and are wired directly to the battery.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see anything in the wiring diagram, but I was hoping to find a switched plug that I could hook my rear view camera to that would only have power when the ignition was on. Thanks Hammer

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
i haven't seen any aux plugs, however i did wire a cig lighter adapter that plugs into my tender plug as i need too.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
i haven't seen any aux plugs, however i did wire a cig lighter adapter that plugs into my tender plug as i need too.
+1i did the same and routed the cig lighter up into the fairing by the steering head .

·
Premium Member
13,118 Posts
I ran two circuits, one for the heated gear, which has inline fuses and two off/variable heat controllers and a switched hot lead to power the radar detector. The switch is mounted on the right Foreman's panel (has a neat little blue LED to indicate 'ON' and ends at a Bikemaster double cig lighter plug with two USB outlets for charging my phone and Ipod. I found this neat little rechargeable flashlight in the Twisted Throttle catalog that occupies the 2nd cig lighter plug with the R.D. in the first one. Plus, the damned outlet has interior LEDs that change color under power! And the flashlight glows red when it's on charge. Never planned on all these pretty colored lights, they just came with the equipment.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I ran two circuits, one for the heated gear, which has inline fuses and two off/variable heat controllers and a switched hot lead to power the radar detector. The switch is mounted on the right Foreman's panel (has a neat little blue LED to indicate 'ON' and ends at a Bikemaster double cig lighter plug with two USB outlets for charging my phone and Ipod. I found this neat little rechargeable flashlight in the Twisted Throttle catalog that occupies the 2nd cig lighter plug with the R.D. in the first one. Plus, the damned outlet has interior LEDs that change color under power! And the flashlight glows red when it's on charge. Never planned on all these pretty colored lights, they just came with the equipment.
Pics or gtfo.

·
Premium Member
13,118 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Pics or Squidgie gets his panties in a knot.
The 40 amp relay is just to the R of the brake master, the next black block is the fuse block. Below and just off center to the L is the 3 switched connectors.

The blue wire heading off to the L and back is the power lead that triggers the relay to work.

PS: I have some spare fuses rubber banded to the fluid reservoir

I added a few more pics with better resolution.

·
Registered
773 Posts
The 3 circuit unit has a 12+ power lead that is vey short. I made mine 28 inches so it bolts to the battery POS teminal and then goes through a hole just above the battery and back under the fuel tank and then allows the unit and its hardware to be under the seat area.

There is just not enough room near the battery or on top of the battery to stuff the relay, and fuse block and connectors for easy access.

Have fun!

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts