Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 zx9r that I've had for the past year. So now I've noticed a small ticking noise in the exhaust since I bought it and knew it had an exhaust leak but dealt with it since up untill the other day it became a very large leak and something was rattling in my exhaust. When I dropped the exhaust I saw the whole tube broke off completely on one and was severely cracked on another so I went to look for headers and it appears that they've discontinued the headers. So I then resorted to eBay and found a header I think might fit, but I wanted to check with some people who had more knowledge than me about the subject that I could get a second opinion on. Attached are some pictures of the broken header and the one I'm questioning if will fit. Thanks in advance for any help!
Door Wood Close-up Metal Auto part
Household hardware Bicycle part Wood Auto part Rim
Wood Gas Automotive exterior Metal Auto part

Household hardware Bicycle part Wood Auto part Rim

Door Wood Close-up Metal Auto part

Font Bicycle part Auto part Pipe Metal

Air gun Sleeve Gun barrel Shotgun Wood

Hand Kitchen utensil Gesture Cutlery Twig

Twig Eyewear Bicycle fork Wood Automotive exterior

Hood Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Bicycle part

Bicycle part Bumper Tool Automotive exterior Font

· Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
5,165 Posts
@57x Would you happen to know about header compatibility between the C/E/F Zx9r bikes?

· Registered
407 Posts
You will have to open up the head exhaust ports on your ZX-9R C to make that fit. C exhaust ports are 36mm accross E and F ports are 39mm.

A few people have used a Dremel to open the C's head exhaust port to make the latter E and F headers fit, which also gives you an extra few BHP.
Fill the exhaust head with tissue paper or something before using the Dremel as you don't want crap falling into any open exhaust valves and into the cylinder head.
Use something like the old 2-pointed map distance measuring thingy (forgot the name of it) and you should be able to use that to score round the exhaust port evenly to give you just over 1mm mark all the way round.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts