Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2007 Suzuki SV650

Due to tighter and tighter emission regulations it is believed Suzuki will make quite a few changes to their SV range next year to conform to Euro 3. What do you say about a V-twin with GSX-R style exhaust and fresher more modern design? Well, here is how we think it will look like. Pic: Luc1

Source: Raptors & Rockets

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think if the SV is going to mess with the emition on the bike then they will loose HP's......the exhaust will be quieter and the 650R will take the lead!!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
zx_rider said:
I think if the SV is going to mess with the emition on the bike then they will loose HP's......the exhaust will be quieter and the 650R will take the lead!!!!
stock, that may be true. but emmisions won't matter when you "uncork" 'em. Once you start messing with full exhausts and cpu's, etc, its a whole other story--and if we're talking about racing than stock figures won't be accurate, though they may be somewhat revealing.

i think that SV looks really good, its going to be hard for Kawi to compete with it, from what i've heard and seen.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I rode a SV650 & apart from the extra power over the 500S really not that impressed with it. The brakes snatched, fuelling twitchy around town & weaved over lines. Steering not as quick as the 500 either. That was a bike that had only done about 1500 miles as well.

SV1000 I rode felt better but the low speed fuelling absolutely awful - again a low mileage bike.

UK mags prefer the ER-6n (naked version of 650R) to the current SV.

Plus it's got the wrong badge if you're a die hard Kawasaki fan :grin

·
Registered
77 Posts
I like the front end of that sv better than the ninja 650, but it does have the wrong stickers all over it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts