Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
Yes. I just did this yesterday. They interchange perfectly. (Front seat pad only)

+1 You just can't swap the 93-95 with the 91-92. The front tabs are different.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes it's a straight fit 93-95 also fits but you have to but bolts through the front tabs to tank ...I know i've had both a K seat unit and a M fitted to my old 91 zxr at different points in it's life!

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
I'm actually referring to the whole thing, not just the seat pad.
To do the whole tail you need to remove the rear subframe from the J and use a K subframe or make one. The J subframe will hit the sides of the K tail at the rear corners.

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
You can mod the original one in 20mins and it fits fine...Thats what i did !
You can grind the corneres off the J subframe to make it work. If you want to keep all the parts original and undamaged then you'll need another subframe.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys....i have the chance to buy a K1 seat ( replica, but looks pretty much as an original ) for about 300 Euros ( roughly 400 USD)....i'm thinking about giving it a go, since it's pretty much impossible to get an an original one or anywhere near it....

What do you think about it ?

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
You can grind the corneres off the J subframe to make it work. If you want to keep all the parts original and undamaged then you'll need another subframe.
Glad I am not the only one who hesitates to modify original parts.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks guys....i have the chance to buy a K1 seat ( replica, but looks pretty much as an original ) for about 300 Euros ( roughly 400 USD)....i'm thinking about giving it a go, since it's pretty much impossible to get an an original one or anywhere near it....

What do you think about it ?

Yeah looks nice but should do for that price i guess. I know how hard it is to get an original K seat unit i looked for a year but managed to find one for £40 (original) in the end that needed paint work doing to it...! Gotta love those J/K models best outta all the 7's for handling in my opinion!

·
6,860 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
That is not a K model rear section. Yes, you can just swap the rear sections, but the rear section on a K model (M model is the same part as well) is a flat plate with holes in it, similar in design to the R model hangar.

Here is a pic of one of my R model rear subframes:
Thanks for the heads-up...i suppose i can always get a J2 rear section (easier to find ) and have it adjusted to fit the K1 seat.

Will this do ( with modification in mind) ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-...23?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item1e6f007573

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
That looks like a J model subframe. It won't help you.
My "problem" should be solved this very week :smile...i found out today that a particular bike shop about 10 miles from where i live used to race prep ZXR's (they still have a ZXR-R in superbike spec ) and have an original K1 single seat and its respective subframe....the only thing missing is the "750R" sticker ( anyone knows were can i find these ?)...but that can be taken care later....by the end of this week it should be mounted on my bike....nice......

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
She looks good. When I had mine painted I had the graphics and the number plates painted as well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
She looks good. When I had mine painted I had the graphics and the number plates painted as well.

Wow man ! It looks SUPER ! Really nice work.... :clap

Can i ask you a little favour ? Could you measure the height and length of your ZX7-R logo and post it here ?

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts

168mm X 25mm

1 - 20 of 25 Posts