Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

will 05-06 rims fit on my 2003

8K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  MagicNinja85 
#1 ·
i want to by a set of 05-06 chrome rims for my 03 636 and want to know will the rims fit as a direct blot and if so are the stock rims and sprocket the same size as the ones on my 03 i just put new tires on and want to swap them thanks for the info

#3 ·
for the 03-04. 05 current years will fit for the front rim you will use the spacers off your 03 but will either have to get caliper spacers, or swap the disks from your 03 they all match up.... rear fits also you will need the 05 spacers to go along with it. caliper is the same and the cush drive is the same. along with sprocket mounting holes.... there is a whole write up on putting 05< rims on a 03....http://www.kawiforums.com/how-tos-faqs/103483-how-05-06-wheels-onto-03-04-zx6r-without-kit.html

as for your 05 all rims will fit just need to get the spacing right, for my bike i put a 05 swing arm on my bike but bought 07 rims. difference in those years are spacers. i used 05 spacer on one side and 07 on the brake side i believe, but i had to mill down the 05 brake mount because the 07 rim i believe is a little wider on the brake side....

if you have any questions while installing , pm me

#4 ·
p.s have a set of 04 rims chrome if your interested.... if i were you i wouldn't do chrome with the red bike. maybe a black rim with red tape or somthing... but thats just me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.