Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys sorry if some of my questions seem like im a newbi and then sometimes i ask questions talking about doing more advanced things, im 25 and this is my first bike, and im pretty mechanilcly inclined, its just some things im comfortable doing and somethings i havent messed with yet, so my next question is about o2 sensors, i was thinking in the future it would be cool to install an o2 sensor, just so i know how my a/f ratio is doing. and then i got to looking up the differance between wide and narrow band o2 sensors. the basic answer i found was that unlike a narrowband, a wide band o2 sensor basically has a pump and adjusts the mixture itself a a pose to the narrow band doing it through the ecu. so seeing that the 11 does not have efi, i wa wondering if you could use a wideband in conjuction with the carbs? or do you have to have efi to use a wideband? but then i found this video

so is this guy running efi or can you use a wideband in conjuction with carbs? and if so what are your thoughts, thanks guys

·
Registered
562 Posts
from what ive read,you install a sensor at collector where headers come together....snd that was on a carbed zx11

i know uncle bob used one with his turbo zx1000/zrx11 and others.

there nice....but on stock to around 12.2:1 comp.....i think you can get your jetting right by just posting your set up,and looking at your plugs.....its the high comp like turbos,or hight na,where its alot more important(safe for motor) to be right on spot with the af

·
Registered
562 Posts
if i was running straight pipes like yours,ide have them just coming past pegs......if longer,like you have ,ide like a muffler on end

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
I have a wide band on mine to help me tune the setup and warn me if I'm too lean on long high boost runs. It is only a gauge. You can't change the jetting of the carbs on the fly. If someone is changing their mixture via a sensor then I think they would have to be running EFI.

Mine is in the center (boost on left, fuel pressure on right)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts