Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kawasaki's 2004 and 2005 ZX-10R

Kawasaki response to the literbike fad, that was just too much.

The difference between a sports car and a sports bike is that you can get in a car and push it harder and approach it's limits the first time you drive it. You hop on a bike and it takes time to learn that bike and everything about it. It's nuances, it's flaws, it's strengthes and weaknesses. This happens in a car of course, but not to the degree that it happens on the bike.

The ZX-10R utterly epitomized this characteristic difference between a fast car and fast bike. With more power and speed on tap than the other literbikes, but the tradeoff was that it required more rider skill. If average Joe racer tryed all of the modern literbikes around the track, he'd probably post the quickest times on a Suzuki or Yamaha. If Kevin Schwantz cloned himself and through a leg over the 10R and had his clone use another literbike (CBR1000RR, GSX-R1000, YZF-R1, 999R, ect.) the 10R would shine through.

The 10R is bike you can ride the rest of your life and probably never perfectly "become one" with, but if you got close to that "oneness" you'd sure as hell be the fastest guy around. And that why i need one!

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
Nuff said

thats the bike of my dreams

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
nice, i like my 06.

·
Registered
653 Posts
agreed, bike voted most likely to throw you high side mid corner:scared

great bike just wish they started the underseat exhaust earlier:banghead

·
Registered
81 Posts
the first gen 10r is def a legend. ive never read such fearful reviews from many diff editors. currently there are a slew of newer bikes that will put the first gen to the test, the will never give you that kick in the nuts like the 10r first did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I totally agree 04-05 is best 10R eva! Best looking, best to ride! I love mine and nothing has mad me wanna trade it in yet! Cant see it happening anytime soon as the '08 whilst more like an '05 is even uglier than the 06-07!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I loved this bike when it came out. I bought an '06 because I wanted something new, but when I buy a track bike, this will probably be it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ok, well I guess you can say it's a proud moment, because I just registered to this forum and I find a picture of my bike on it. The second bike in Post 5, the red and white 10r, is mine. :smile Right now I'm at work, but I will post more pics, when I get home for you guys.

some slightly different zx10r's... not too much for customizing apparently...

white and red color scheme

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
nice man

·
Registered
71 Posts
My red '07 is the best, IMO. Best looking / best lines. My twin Kr Tuned exhaust crank.:crazyloco The '08 is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Don't know what Kawy was thinking.:headscratch

·
Registered
14 Posts
I couldn't agree more. I ride an '05 still have yet to ride any other bike that challenges me as much or brings me as much fulfillment as mine does. I've done a few mods to it and so it seems to be a part of me when I ride in the canyons and mountains here in San Diego.
Mine dyno'd at 167HP so I have enough power. An Ohlins shock, Akrapovic full Ti system/carbon can, Scott's stabilizer, Sato rear sets, Power Commander, BMC filter, braided lines, and a few other tidbits have made my 10 into a bike that handles well enough that I won't be in the market for a new bike for quite a while!!
I rode an '06 10r...it just didn't do it for me.
I've ridden a few different GSXR1000s in different years and while they are good...they just don't have the Kawasaki personality.
Honda is just too vanilla for me.
My buddies R1 just didn't sit right for me either.
My screen name dates back to my '93 ZX7. Even though it was kinda heavy by today's standards...I LOVED the way that bike worked for me. Great power and handled outstanding. It was quicker than my buddies 929!!
I ran a '99 ZX9r that I installed a set of Dymag full carbon wheels for a while, but I needed more. Enter the ZX10r.

I'm new to the forum and want to extend an invitation to anyone near San Diego that wants to get together and ride to give me a shout.

Looks like a good forum and I look forward to posting here!!

Jay from San Diego.

·
Premium Member
13,188 Posts
There was an article in BIKE magazine that explained how later models were made more "rider friendly" (dumbed down) sort of like what Honda does to make it's offerings more mass-marketable and easier for the average Joe to ride and how it took the racer's edge off a fabulous machine.

·
Registered
996 Posts
What the op said is why I picked a ZX10R. I was seriously thinking about a CBR1000RR, because everyone said it was more confidence inspiring and whatnot... but the zx10 will ALWAYS have more potential, even if it is difficult to ride. If you have 2 riders of equal skill and put them on any bike and a zx10 respectively the zx10 will loose off the line, but give em a year or 2 and the 10R will come out on top. always.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts