Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this pic of the 1994 ZX-9R Ninja, what happened to these interesting color schemes...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Where's the picture, Beans?????

·
Registered
604 Posts
Ok i got it......man that look's very nice. Look's like somebody got a custom paint scheme, but the funny thing it that, that's stock!!! Man i love it. Nice pic!!!! Kinda look's like the scheme on the Gixxer but not as wild, very nicely done and the color's actually match and look very good.

I think the reason that they switched to a single paint coat is because it's easier to get aftermarket parts for the new bikes. But if you look at the color of the blue ZX-6R, man i love it, it's like a darkish blue metalic......beautiful......

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YSR50...it's hard for me to tell, but is the green in your 9R more like the old Kawi green (2000 ZX-12R) or the new Kawi green (2006 ZX-10R)??

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Funny ...... I just lifted a heap of photos with the old color schemes just the other week. I quite like some of the older paint jobs... so I was looking for some ideas for my bike, I like blue, black and chrome ........ now I just have to work out how to make it look good.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
beansbaxter said:
YSR50...it's hard for me to tell, but is the green in your 9R more like the old Kawi green (2000 ZX-12R) or the new Kawi green (2006 ZX-10R)??
it's the stock '94 paint scheme, the only thing different is I had the mirrors painted purple and the green pinstripe tape that for some reason looks aqua in these pictures. The 2000 12 had it's own green, the rest of the ZX line (7, 6, 9...) all had a common green.

·
Registered
10 Posts
lol i just posted in the other thread about how much i loved the older paint schemes.....could you imagine ysr50's paint scheme on a newer body style? say a 99 or better yet a zx10?....sweet....... i often wondered what my 99 zx7 would look like with the 2k-2k1 zx6r color scheme. i love the zx-7's shape and huge rear tail but like the zx9's color schemes much better.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Man, the ZX900B1 ( ZX-9R '94) in the "Candy Wine Red, Silver,Ebony" was my first 9R! A real Beastie!!! Where are those years? Perfect Tourer with LOTS of POWER...Those were REAL KAWASAKI BIKES.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts