Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody …

When I start my bike while in neutral, my exhaust start to sound wired it’s normal but kind of spitting group of air out, in interval around 30 seconds between each, it sound like brrrrrrrrrr bof bof brrrrrrrrr bof bof brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bof bof brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bof brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bof bof brrrrrrr
Where brrr is the normal sound and bof bof the spitting sound!

Any idea what might the cause be?

Thank you.

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
A video would really help.

· Registered
12 Posts
All bikes do the same until the bike warms up to operating temperature ( 170 degrees ). Until then, the ecu is making large fuel and air adjustments by the readings of all the sensors. The idle and exhaust will fluctuate until the bike is at operating temperature do to the sudden adjustments of the bike warming quickly from a cold start. Every bike controlled by an Ecu, sensors and fuel injection do the same thing. It's extremely normal. If it continues that behavior long after 170 degrees. Then you have a problem. If you know anything about manual chokes and carbs, think of it this way. It's automatically making the choke adjustments for you up until operating temperature. Where as if it were a carburated system. You would have to manually close the choke little by little until the bike warms. That's what the bike is doing automatically for you. It's fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.