Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know if its because it has more power or what but as soon as i got a k&n air filter when accelerating hard wot from a stop or a roll, instead of lifting the front, my rear tire will lose traction and spin through 1st 2nd and sometimes 3rd its not gravel or anything on the road, and the tires were warm.pilot power 2cts.I had the exact same tire on my R6 and when getting on it the front always came up and the rear never broke loose.do i just need a stickier tire?

·
Banned
528 Posts
maybe the tire needs to be changed are like posted earlier your tire isn't hot enough

·
Registered
264 Posts
Spinning in third? WOW. Anyways, first off I would have a good look at your rear tire. Sounds like you might have picked up some road contaminents ie: motor oil.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You sure its the tire spinning? checked your clutch lately? just have a hard time seeing that happining.

Dirty

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes the tire is spinning,its not worn, its warm, and i run 37 psi..like il fishtail down the road with the rear getting sideways, leaving a nice black line.:angry.i rode hard and long today my, tires got really warm i felt them when i stoped,then when i got home accelerating from a stopsign the rear broke loose again.

i think i have it figured out though, its cuz i weigh 130lbs isint it??i have a set of bridgeston bt002 race scrubs, the rear is a 190 do you think this would have better grip and a bigger contact patch cuz its wider?

·
Registered
92 Posts
ummm I weigh 120...check your clutch cable

·
Registered
114 Posts
My first guess was that you are riding in Pirelli's which are known to be a bit harder compound. Power too much? Air filter change will not give you that much power. Tend to agree with the earlier comment: the tire is cooked.
Time to get out of the kichen :lol (change it)

G

·
I see your from Canada. Whats the Temp like? I know when its cold i have a hard time getting grip to but ive never spun the tire in 3rd gear!?
Id say get new tires!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Are these road or race tyres your using? If they are race tyres then Im not surprised they are spinning. There is just no way that even hard road riding can generate enough heat to make them work properly.

·
Registered
151 Posts
in third gear mine comes up. one the factory bridgestone junk. the only time mine broke loose like what ur sayin was when it was cold out or when i wanted to do a moving burnout. get a street compound tire. or maybe u did more then just a k&n filter that your smokin them off :crazyloco

·
Registered
379 Posts
yes the tire is spinning,its not worn, its warm, and i run 37 psi..like il fishtail down the road with the rear getting sideways, leaving a nice black line.:angry.i rode hard and long today my, tires got really warm i felt them when i stoped,then when i got home accelerating from a stopsign the rear broke loose again.

i think i have it figured out though, its cuz i weigh 130lbs isint it??i have a set of bridgeston bt002 race scrubs, the rear is a 190 do you think this would have better grip and a bigger contact patch cuz its wider?
Is it a controlable spin or a non controlable spin?
As a race compound tyre you will never get it to full grip potential on the street and you will get slip as i use the 190/60 Dunlop race tyre and i also have spin but its a controlable spin and very predictable. If on a 30 deg C day, or a long hard ride, it gets better on the pull off but if i have to stop and wait for a minute, it will slip again.

·
Registered
102 Posts
also going with a 190 on the stock rim probably WONT give you more of a contact patch as the tire will crown somewhat cause of the rim width is not intended for a 190. Stick with the 180 and they DO make a bt 002 track/street tire and i have heard great things about them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Check you suspension setup and drop the pressure in the rear.

Or your tire is toast.

2CT should be fine for street use. Be careful with full on DOT race rubber as they need heat to work as designed. But if you must run DOT race rubber new supercorsa, racetec, pilot race are all very nice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts