Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:headscratch where did "ninja" come from??whats the point of it?did they simply add that to "zx" because it made it sound more radical and would boost sales or what?

·
Registered
184 Posts
My only thoughts would be,because it's swift (fast) and silent (you never seen it coming).

·
Registered
683 Posts
Silent? You've never heard mine

·
Registered
191 Posts
sounds cooler than "Hey dawg,check out my Suzuki Katana"

·
Registered
38 Posts
really... my good buddy just purchased a zx14.. wow...he blew passed me on the 101 and had my heart jumping outta my chest.. didnt see him.. hear him.. just a flash of red and a filthy plumbers crack... so yeah i can see why its a damn ninja..

·
Registered
264 Posts
I believe the Ninja name was given to the GPZ900R back in '84 and carried its way through on most if not all super sport class bikes. The ZX6R was introduced in '95 but still kept the Ninja title probably a marketing gimmac or maybe to remind us of the history. :headscratch

·
Registered
116 Posts
ninja is that thing between a girls legs when she pulls her pants/shorts up too high and it splits...... Oh wait..... that is "ninja toe" my bad!

I remember back in the day when Honda and Kawasaki had commercials against each other regarding thier respective bike names. Honda had the Hurricane and Kawi had Ninja. One of Honda's went something like "even the ninja has to hide from a Hurricane" and it showed this ninja crawling into a dark hole. Kawi had theirs, but I can't remember back that far.

·
Registered
191 Posts
its just because ninja is a bad ass word...and who came up with gsx? gaysex? im glad im not on a suzuki
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao AMEN!

·
Registered
39 Posts
You are right. I saw that commercial the other day on You Tube. I used to have an article somewhere that said what all the names mean, but you gotta figure, Hurricane, Ninja, Katana were all concieved in the mid to late 80's. that was cool shit then!

ninja is that thing between a girls legs when she pulls her pants/shorts up too high and it splits...... Oh wait..... that is "ninja toe" my bad!

I remember back in the day when Honda and Kawasaki had commercials against each other regarding thier respective bike names. Honda had the Hurricane and Kawi had Ninja. One of Honda's went something like "even the ninja has to hide from a Hurricane" and it showed this ninja crawling into a dark hole. Kawi had theirs, but I can't remember back that far.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts