Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im slowly realising that riding a sportbike on the street is retarded completely pointless and basicaly anyone who rides a sportbike on the street is a poser, since using even like 15% of your bikes power is enough the break the law.I can write a whole damn page on why it is retarded to ride a race bike on the street, but it would be easier if you told me why it is not.If you ride a sportbike solely on the street just to ride, you are a poser theres no way around it, i am.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i am going to guess most people won't even validate this with a response.

i personally like the looks, feel, twisties (even if it is at lower speeds), and just cruisin on sportbikes. i wouldn't mind having a harley, but i sure as shit aint spending 15K on a bike! any cruiser worth riding should be custom in some way IMO, and every cruiser i have ever seen that is worth a shit, is over 10k (and that's low low low side). most cruisers are just too expensive. THAT'S why i ride a sportbike on the street.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ya i agree with the last reply.
i just love the feel of a sportbike: lighter, quicker, looks great.
and even though i don't take it to the track i still go to the drag strip and i also let it loose in the canyons (hell of fun)

·
Registered
184 Posts
and it just looks to damm stupid to wheelie my fatboy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Several Reasons

1) I don't like cruisers, Harleys ect.

2) Sports tourers are too heavy in the twistys

3) That Warp Factor 9 Feeling :evil

4) and finally and most importantly The wife refuses to ride on the back of my ZX 636 as she says there is not enough room for her

Although taking the passenger footpegs off also helped :nana

Cheers

Stephen

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Even if you ride at the track the only one who isn't a poser is the one finishes first. Everybody else is just tryin to be like him.

:rofl Besides when I ride I'm the only one I want to be like and I'm the only one I'm tryin to please or impress.

P.S. when will you be tradin in your Kaw for Hog???

·
Registered
785 Posts
Even if you ride at the track the only one who isn't a poser is the one finishes first. Everybody else is just tryin to be like him.

:rofl Besides when I ride I'm the only one I want to be like and I'm the only one I'm tryin to please or impress.

P.S. when will you be tradin in your Kaw for Hog???
:rotflmao

Ive been looking to get an 05 636.
What ya want for it?
(not too much now, Ive gotta paint it blue ya know)

Oh....
I guess Im still an "old school" poser too.:headscratch

·
Registered
35 Posts
You're slowly realising? Must be from Toronto.
A smart car is fast enough to break the speed limit. So I guess it's the bus for you then mate.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm also a POSER!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Take a HOG thru some mountain twisties and then take a NINJA - - - no comparison. Rapture sounds like the squids i see 'round here that cruise on their R1's thru the city and have never even seen a morning twisty ride thru the hills!!!!!!!! :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana

·
Registered
25 Posts
is there a bike out there that doesn't break the speed limit ???? :scared

And....

Why do people decide on a particular bike ?, is it the look of the bike, how the ride handles, or is it the specs of the bike, maybe the price ?, for me it was all, otherwise I would have bought a Honda C90 step-through

hmmm.. can a Honda C90 break the speed limit ????

well... I must be a poser...

:thefinger

·
Registered
60 Posts
well, guess it's time for you to sell your bike and stay the fuck away from anything motorcycle related......unless the motor is your two legs! does it really get cole enough in toronto to kill as many brain cells as it takes to make you dumb enough to own a sportbike, participate in a (predominately)sportbike forum, and then talk shit about them? do i smell seafood? it is.....SQUID!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah this is me being a poser a few days ago. Did a 3500 plus KM trip across the Rocky's most of the time above 170 kph.

·
Registered
31 Posts
:rotflmao

Ive been looking to get an 05 636.
What ya want for it?
(not too much now, Ive gotta paint it blue ya know)

Oh....
I guess Im still an "old school" poser too.:headscratch

Paint it BLUE???? That's sacreligous!!!! A Kawi shouldn't be anything other than GREEN:nana

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'll say I rode a chopper for 15 years and 3 years ago I bought my 1990 zx1100 and I'll tell you I have never had more fun on a motorcycle. The feel of the road, and the almost unlimited power are a killer combo. As for being a poser, call me what you will but I can break the speed limit with just about anything with a motor:nana .

·
Registered
95 Posts
Riding on the street does not make you a poser, it's just a different style of riding. You have those that like the track, and then there are those that like to travel (riding on the street). And just like the other members on the forum, I like the feel of going into a turn, I like the looks of my new ZX-14, and most of all it's just what I do.

Bee it the street or the track, just ride the hell out of what you buy.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Paint it BLUE???? That's sacreligous!!!! A Kawi shouldn't be anything other than GREEN:nana
Wow... I think I love you!! :rotflmao

I agree with the above posts totally, except the first one that is.

Show me any bike on the street, Harleys, Cruisers, Motards etc. that can't break the speed limit. Now show me cars that can't do it as well. Everything can... it's a matter of how fast it can do it, and if the driver chooses to.

I can break any speed limit around in 1st gear. Does that mean that I'm a poser? WTH? Because I choose to own a rocket, based on the look, the feel, the handling, the P2W ratio... I don't think that means I don't ride!!

I have several friends that ride on the street, but also race competitively, and drag their bikes.

So, to reiterate.... if you believe that you're a poser... do all of us riders a favour and sell your bike off cheap, and join a scrabble team or something.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts