Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm new here and I'm in the market for a new bike and the 2011/12 ZX-10r is #1 on my list. CBR1000 is second and the GSXR1000 is last. Not interested in a Yamaha at all. I figure who better to ask than you guys:
-Why you love your ZX-10r?
-Why did you switch to Kawi?
-Why or why wouldn't you switch? :clap

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
What are you switching from?

And I love my 10R for looks and sound.

Only have about 10-15 miles under my belt on it so far though so I can't tell you much.

And I pick Kawi for performance and comfort.

Plus, I mean, come on it's Kawi.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
1. for the same reasons it's your first choice

2. last time I switched was from a yamaha to a Kawi because I found a smokin deal on a slightly used '06 10R with a trailer included. Turns out the Kawi was a better bike for my wants.

3. My next bike will either be a Panigale, a black '12 14, a black '12 10R or the blue '12 S1000RR. I'm really leaning toward the duc, but I don't like to buy the 1st year's redesign unless it's been out awhile and I can get one a little cheaper. May have to wait for the '13 Panigale. I want a black one. I've never owned a twin and I maybe ready to make the switch to the 14. There's no rush. I'm up north now anyway. I don't think there are any good roads for 200 miles. :squint

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I currently have a Yamaha FZ-6R. I've always wanted a Kawi. I'm over 30 and even as a kid all you heard was ninja this ninja that. Now I'm grown and have the money I'm fulfilling some of my dreams.

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
If you're wanting a Ninja why are you on the ZX forums?

ZX > Ninja

:smile

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
lol It's just a small pet peeve of mine when people call ZX's Ninjas. Yes, it does say it on the side. But a Ninja 1000 and a ZX-10 are two different animals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@92k1500 Yeah I completely understand. I was sitting here shaking my head saying I should have elaborated and cleared that up. That's whats up though a proud owner.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I greatly appreciate it. I pretty much made up my mind to go with the ZX-10R. It's always good to hear from owners. Especially owners who have been with the brand for a long time. I'll be getting it within the next month once the weather breaks a little more down here.\

·
Registered
463 Posts
I love my zx10r because she understands me...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I love my 10 because its the first 10 ive had and compared to my 2 previous 9r's it has a shit load of raw power!!! my first FI bike and also the kawi has a certain type of "fit" the other bikes just cant match in my opinion....

·
Registered
94 Posts
You have excellent taste of course. But you don't have to buy caviar when there's all these steaks. There's tons of and extremely fast and fun bikes for $1000-$2000 every day. Maybe an old gsxr 1100 or katana, or 1100 ninja. If you like sport touring. Maybe a vmax or st1100. If you like touring: venture royale or cavalcade. Or get one for every day of the week. I see bikes for sale all the time that I want. If you want to save tons of money get a shaft drive. My zx10 stock chain is $400. I pay $10 for my shaft drives in gear oil every year. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
You have excellent taste of course. But you don't have to buy caviar when there's all these steaks. There's tons of and extremely fast and fun bikes for $1000-$2000 every day. Maybe an old gsxr 1100 or katana, or 1100 ninja. If you like sport touring. Maybe a vmax or st1100. If you like touring: venture royale or cavalcade. Or get one for every day of the week. I see bikes for sale all the time that I want. If you want to save tons of money get a shaft drive. My zx10 stock chain is $400. I pay $10 for my shaft drives in gear oil every year. Just a thought.
I dont think this is a welfare thread. He is, afterall, talking about buying a NEW bike. Not one that was built 20 years ago.

And who spends 400 bucks on stock chains when aftermarket ones are cheaper and just as strong (or better in some cases)?

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
This is why I love my 10R

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Bullcrap, yours doesn't leave your garage!

92K = Harley rider. You use your bike for a paperweight xD

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
I actually took that pic today. Put about 30 miles on it with the new generator in it.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I love my 10, the power is just really right for me, the Gix 1000 I had for a month or so was great too, fits me really well and was super quick, a bit quicker than my ZX I have to add, I also owned an 08 CBR1000RR for three months (I worked for a dealer and bought bikes at auction) and they all have their bright points. CBR was probably the easiest to ride fast right off the bat, the Gix probably 1 or 2 points better overall than my ZX but I just fell in love with the Monster Energy scheme on mine so I will keep it for a while. As you can see, I don't care who builds it as long as it's fun. Oh and I had an R1 in my garage for two weeks, an 07 IRC, and while fast it was so hot under seat I could not ride it over a half hour.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I love my ZX 10R because its my first "super bike", and its as quick if not quicker than all the new and improved bikes. She looks the shet and the girls love her to bits. Plus, and this is a big plus, the sound. Open and close the throttel in a turn at 12 500rpm and listen to the music...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts