Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had dealt today with someone that was going over $750 + over KBB on a bike which looked like stock. I understand low miles but I consider but man really depreciation is fact and seemed like he didnt want to let it go. I could understand aftermarket stuff but this is ridiculous for over the price like that almost $1000 over. Been looking for the past week for one. I did find a 06 zx6r for $4000 but now a friend is trying to find one also and I found the deal before him. So if anyone is selling drop a line.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What is the average for a zx6r 2005 or 2006?
I looked for about 6 months for mine. They are hard to find around here, I landed up paying 4900 for mine with 10K mills on it because it was very clean and well maintained. Everything else I looked at that was a "deal" was shit! Good luck man and if I hear of a real deal I will hit you up on here. Might want to keep an eye on http://sportbikes2.wordpress.com/ , thats where I got mine from and his prices are decent.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Biggest thing about it is if the person selling it really wants to get rid of it or doesn't care either way. If your desperate to sell you'll set up a deal for a buyer for a quick sell, if you are trying to sell to buy something new, but don't really care if it sells or not, you'd ask a price you want and wait for a buyer that wants it for your price.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I paid 4400 for mine with 5000 miles. I bought it in the winter. It's bone stock and I love it because I hate having to deal with previous owner bullshit. It was so clean you could eat off of it too.

And it's prime time for bikes right now. The prices always go up in the summer.

That's why I held off selling my old bike until now. Supply and demand.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see alot of craigslist postings that say "All I want is what I owe" and they're asking like 7100 on a stock 2006 CBR600rr.

Or the geniuses who think that they have some modern classic on their hands and it's suddenly worth +2,000 what it should be. 1999 GSXR 600, 4200? Are you kidding me.

lol NO THANKS

·
Registered
39 Posts
My favorites are when they list "Tires" as mods.. really tires? You mean, like they were an option?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes some bikes are over priced but I find the ones that are overpriced usually price them this way and get haggled to less.

I also agree with the whole desperate to sell fact- this I find places the major role.

Everyone/thing has a price, personally I wouldn't let my 05 zx6r go for less than $7200.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
i seen a 04 zx10r on cl and wanted 8500 and said he paid (225$ for each brake lever) my though is he was smokeing something really good idk lmao

·
Registered
147 Posts
i seen a 04 zx10r on cl and wanted 8500 and said he paid (225$ for each brake lever) my though is he was smokeing something really good idk lmao
Whatever that guy's smoking, I want some. :crazyloco

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Wrong time of year to buy; good time of year to sell.
Wait till Fall when people are looking to dump their bikes quick or in the dead of winter.
Anytime its warm out, bike prices rocket up

·
Registered
4 Posts
i recently sold my 07 zx6r for 4900k with 9k and i bought it for 4500k with 2k and very little mods... guy didnt ask many questions it all..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not the time of the year to be a buyer at all...

Wrong time of year to buy; good time of year to sell.
Wait till Fall when people are looking to dump their bikes quick or in the dead of winter.
Anytime its warm out, bike prices rocket up
He is right this is not the time of the year to be shopping for a bike. This is when everybody wants to ride so you as a seller can take advantage.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts