Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had first actual look at GTR1400 and was impressed, the black looked really nice, high seat but not too bad. Anyone gone from an FJR to the GTR? Go back or never again? No test rides available in the UK so decision will be made on information etc.

Jerry

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a 2003 FJR from 03 to recent. I like the Kaw much better.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have been on FJRs since 2001 and have put 70k miles on the two I owned..

I have not sold my 2004 FJR yet so I went out for a blat on her yesterday to keep everything "turning over".

Now that I have swopped the screen for a Cal Sci +6" the Kwak beats the Yam in every aspect that is important to me.

Its Smooother and more powerfull, handles like a dream , more room in the paniers and the overdrive 6th gear that the Feejer owners have been asking for since 2001 makes for effortless cruising when I need to put some miles in.

The mirrors could be better, but I have adapted to them now, and I have some pillion peg extenders on order as Ronda was a bit more scrunched up on the back than on the FJR.

For 51 weeks a year the extra heat from the engine is a good thing, even more so in Darlington I would guess !

Stu..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Rockbyter, I have had 03,04,05 and 06 fjr paddle shift and loved everyone until putting 1000k on my new Concours. Concours +,s as follows; more hp, more mid range, super smooth ride, smooth motor, positive smooth shifting and positive neutral finder, higher bars (no more hands going numb) wider rear tire and pressure indicator, bigger side cases, wicked rear drive feels like chain, way less purchase price,36 month factory warranty. Concours -,s engine heat on legs, seat height for 30" inseam, brakes, exhaust, stupid ignition key, no air temp gauge, fuel economy. My opinion, FJR is a great motorcycle, Concours is better. (so far). FJR for sale, 4500k all accessories included, 24 month warranty, as new $15.000.00

1 - 8 of 8 Posts