Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im talking to a guy who will be making us +4 and maybe even +2 ignition advances for the 94-97 zx9 and zx7. can I get a list of people who want these? he sells them for around $30 i believe. they are CNC milled. he sell them on ebay for other bikes.

Ebay

and his website here

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
94-97 ZX-7 also would encompass up to 03, so you might wanna clarify on the 7s.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He didnt say what years. But if there was enough people wanting them then im sure he would make it. I will ask him specifics.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
But, you did.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
If it fits the 9 it will fit the 7, if it fits the 7 it will fit the 9. The 9 is just a stroked version of the 7 engine.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
If it fits the 9 it will fit the 7, if it fits the 7 it will fit the 9. The 9 is just a stroked version of the 7 engine.
Right, let me just put a bunch of ZX-9 parts into my 7.

Who told you that?

The 9s have several different motors to start with. Comparing side by side diagrams of the cases shows that they are different. Clutches are different. Output shafts and transmissions are different.

By what your logic sounds like, then that means the 10R is just a stroked 9r motor.

And for that matter, the engine mounts on the 9R motors are different depending on the year, and I believe the physical dimensions vary as well.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These will fit any bike that uses Kawasaki part number 21007-1222

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
94 to 97 zx9r.
I've read it several places on the internet.
Just looking at the engines you can tell they are almost identical.
Where do you think the zx9 came from? I have several parts from zx7 on my zx9. The ignition advancer is the same between the two.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
94 to 97 zx9r.
I've read it several places on the internet.
Just looking at the engines you can tell they are almost identical.
Where do you think the zx9 came from? I have several parts from zx7 on my zx9. The ignition advancer is the same between the two.
That doesn't mean it is a stroked 750 and everything else is the same.

There are all manner of cars that are vastly different but use many of the same parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First time post, long time viewer. I'm in!!! Make sure of the year bracket. Just missed a NOS factory pro 4 degree ignition advancer today on eBay. I think it was on eBay for a total of 2 hours.
Once this thread starts getting some heat, people should come. That 4 degree, from what i hear, is very sought after. And I'm thinking its the best option out of 2 degrees, 4, a and 6 degrees.
Keep me posted!!!
Btw looking for a advancer for a 2001 zx7r --->( 96 to 03 zx7r)

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Meh, I am not impressed by what an ignition advancer has to offer.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think I'm in?

I believe I read that there's not a big power difference, but more of a difference in how the engine runs? I could use clarification on that. Will the bike still run on 87 or will it need a higher octane rating?

I know, lotsa questions... But for $30 it sounds like a mod I'd have to make.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He said that Kawasaki discontinued the stock rotor. He is having troubles finding one
Any one have an extra?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If i didnt need my bike i would send him my rotor

1 - 20 of 91 Posts