Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here not have a car and their motorcycle is their only way to ride and get around and commute and do everything in life? Does your bike serve as your commuter, your limousine, and your long trip companion?

Carry any interesting things on your bike when you do?

·
Registered
379 Posts
I dont have a car anymore. i had three cars and once i got the 636 i sold the cars as i didnt touch them for about 4 months. i use the bike every day and love every minute of it. My girl has a car and if it raining really badly then she hounds me and drives me around because she doe not like me to ride in the rain. Dont blame her i guess

·
Registered
379 Posts
What are you guys paying to maintaine the bikes over in OZ though?
Here in SA its a bit expansive for rubber and stuff. The biggest ass busting thing though is brake pads. Man the things set you back about $180 US and thats just for the front

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a 1983 Caddy couple deVille and she requires a lot of maintainence and MONEY so pretty much My girls car and my bike is all I have.

·
Registered
604 Posts
What are you guys paying to maintaine the bikes over in OZ though?
Here in SA its a bit expansive for rubber and stuff. The biggest ass busting thing though is brake pads. Man the things set you back about $180 US and thats just for the front
Definetly suggest you looking into buying stuff off ebay then, that's waaaay too much for pads man....

·
Registered
449 Posts
Count me in! I took a 200 miler the other day from 7:00p.m-2:30 am and I froze,got rained on and took a hot bath when I got home(Joints killed). I would do it 10/10 times. If I'm not on here I'm riding or thinking about it anyways.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Right now I am sharing cars because the bike is down for repairs after the lil accident. But i took the insurance and registration off all my cars until the winter. Who needs 4 wheels when you got 2? unless you have 2 bikes :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
i did for about a year car was gonna cost a fortune to fix (still is rather). but got a company car now takes me bloody ages to get home from work now :( . girlfriend once asked me to fetch a curtain pole home. nearly set off to get it aswell doh

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
Yep it's all I ride......... have a tool roll under the seat and carry a few bits in my backpack........... wet weather gear etc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts