Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what countries are getting black color in first shipment, cause Australia is not until next year.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Kawasaki USA is advertizing the Black model in ABS. I have been promised the first Black ABS out of the crate in Seattle.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great to hear that. So you can let me have the black painted body part numbers then????:clap

·
Registered
181 Posts
The cost of replacing the panels, when purchased as replacement parts at retail or MSRP, could easily exceed 10% of the original cost of the bike. If you removed the panels and took them to a professional paint shop, you could probably have it done for a fraction of that. For that matter, urethane is pretty much urethane, black urethane is pretty much black urethane, and clear urethane is pretty much clear urethane. But then there is the matter of the decals, which nowadays are applied before the factory clear coat. If you don't care about them, you could just paint over them. Or, you could maybe mask them while doing the black layer. A professional painter might know some way to remove the original decals and them put them back on after the black layer and before the final clear coat. You might could take a good photo of them, and then after doing the black coat, take the panels that had the decals to a good detail painter and have them painted on by hand.

Leaving for a week-long business trip, Mr. Smith arranges with a dim-witted neighbor to have his front porch painted while away. The business meeting is a failure and ends a few days early, so before catching an early flight, he calls his neighbor to ask if the porch is completed. The neighbor replies: "Sure mister, I finished painting your porch, just like you asked. Only, it weren't a porch. It were a BMW."

·
Registered
379 Posts
The cost of replacing the panels, when purchased as replacement parts at retail or MSRP, could easily exceed 10% of the original cost of the bike. If you removed the panels and took them to a professional paint shop, you could probably have it done for a fraction of that. For that matter, urethane is pretty much urethane, black urethane is pretty much black urethane, and clear urethane is pretty much clear urethane. But then there is the matter of the decals, which nowadays are applied before the factory clear coat. If you don't care about them, you could just paint over them. Or, you could maybe mask them while doing the black layer. A professional painter might know some way to remove the original decals and them put them back on after the black layer and before the final clear coat. You might could take a good photo of them, and then after doing the black coat, take the panels that had the decals to a good detail painter and have them painted on by hand.

Leaving for a week-long business trip, Mr. Smith arranges with a dim-witted neighbor to have his front porch painted while away. The business meeting is a failure and ends a few days early, so before catching an early flight, he calls his neighbor to ask if the porch is completed. The neighbor replies: "Sure mister, I finished painting your porch, just like you asked. Only, it weren't a porch. It were a BMW."

Like that joke good one :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

·
Registered
24 Posts
:dunno I'm crossing my fingers that a black one will get here before the END of summer. Kawasaki has done a good job of building anticipation. Too good for me. :eek:hno

·
Registered
45 Posts
I heard no black for US. Last minute change???

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I notice that Kawasaki USA have removed the Diablo Black Option on their specs now. Only Neutron Silver. I want black. I see Europe still has it....:mfclap

·
Registered
368 Posts
Talk about the ultimate tease.... :rant

KAWASAKI MANAGEMENT LISTEN UP!!! WE WANT THE DIABLO BLACK BACK!

:angry

·
Registered
45 Posts
With few exceptions, you can’t get a more beautiful vehicle than black. I owned a black Olds Cutlass once. Beautiful car. Absolute h*ll to keep clean. I’ll never own another black vehicle. And I think they’re beautiful.
ME? I’m hoping for Firecracker Red next year. :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
P.S. KAWI CORPORATION: We want the heated grips back as well. Grrrrrr :cussing

·
Registered
5 Posts
My local Kawasaki Dealer in Virginia USA advised me today the bike wil only be available in Silver. The Dealer brochure he had only showed neutron silver as the color.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I found who has black

I found Europe has black out already and then i found Malaysia has black too already. Only few hours flight from here and I want to do some duty free shopping anyhow so I'm there ASAP. :mfclap

·
Registered
32 Posts
Who is getting black

Australia is getting Black and silver in first shippment as dealer rang today to ask which colour I wanted. Black of course.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got that call too

I got that call too and have secured a black one yay.. Only one per dealer I was told. I was just ordering my new tags (Plates) GTR14 as it said I could have them and just before I hit the enter key some SOB got them just ahead of me:rant

1 - 17 of 17 Posts