Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear alot of specs flying around on the threads... just trying to put 2 and 2 together. So what i understand is that the zx10 is basically the best bike to be on when it comes to bout power and handeling. true or false? You also have the zx9, zx11, zx12, and last the zx14. While putting these bikes side by side who is the top dog "Stock of course" when it comes to performance. lets look at both low, mid, and top end. sounds like the opinion is that the zx10 takes all catagories untill you reach about 170MPH. good off the line and massive torque in the mid range. 6th gear still has lots of room to pull.

How do these bikes compare.
This is my first rocket.. don't have much to compare myself. I think 10 is king.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i agree, the 10 r rocks, the 14 is beter for drag racing

·
Registered
266 Posts
Compared to other litre bikes? Meh, imho the rider makes the difference in peak performance. Why? 99.9% of riders (myself included and I'm a pretty solid rider) can't ride a litre bike to it's envelope. So, this means pick up the litre bike that fits your brand/style/feel preference. True story.

RRW did a 2007 bike "shoot out" style review this year (as they do every year). Check it out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I hear alot of specs flying around on the threads... just trying to put 2 and 2 together. So what i understand is that the zx10 is basically the best bike to be on when it comes to bout power and handeling. true or false? You also have the zx9, zx11, zx12, and last the zx14. While putting these bikes side by side who is the top dog "Stock of course" when it comes to performance. lets look at both low, mid, and top end. sounds like the opinion is that the zx10 takes all catagories untill you reach about 170MPH. good off the line and massive torque in the mid range. 6th gear still has lots of room to pull.

How do these bikes compare.
This is my first rocket.. don't have much to compare myself. I think 10 is king.
After owning ('98 zx9,'01 R-1,'01 RC-51, 05 CBR 600)<<previous bikes the
ZX10 is the King..got the strongest motor..For the track I love my 02' CBR 954 RR still...that CBR 954 is the best bike I've ever had..but now my current ZX-10SE is the best...

'02 CBR 954 RR is posted FOR SALE on ebay....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hond...017QQitemZ270166904759QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i have a cbr 1000rr and a 10r, outy of the two i love the handeling on the cbr, but when its time for balls to the walls its the 10r all the way.

·
Registered
443 Posts
would really like to get some input on this subject. low end who on the street is faster????
For straight line racing...the owner of a turbo hayabusa with a shot of NOS. That's one scary ride :scared :scared :eek:hno

Sorry Kawasaki, but when it comes to aftermarket modifications available, the ZX14 still lags behind. It will eventually catch up then the fun will begin. :evil

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
i have no experience riding a liter bike. however, i do read alot. :)

what has been rated the best liter bike is the gsxr. even compared to the 1098, all the test riders preferred the gsxr over everything else.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i love my 9r:thefinger

the best i have ever had:crazyloco (well the only one:smile)

I have heard the gsxr is really good, but its too in vogue for my taste

·
Registered
80 Posts
yeah, everyone and their mother has a gixxer. i like them too (aside from the stupid turn signal mirrors), but everyone has one. plus, i like the bigger feel of the 10r. i have seen the gixxers, and they look JUST like a 6 or a 750, size and everything.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Take all of this years models, R1's, Gixers, 10's. 1098's etc there is nothing in them !!

Who makes them faster? The rider ...........

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your Honda looked super-sweet... Thumbs up!!!! 10R rocks the most tho

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
90% rider, 10% bike

·
Registered
526 Posts
so that means if you play ur cards right u can win against even on a 500? lol

·
Registered
266 Posts
so that means if you play ur cards right u can win against even on a 500? lol

Actually, for anything other than drag racing in a straight line, yeah. I've seen super talented guys on 250s on the track just plain smoke dudes on litrebikes. Rider skill > bike peak performance. If you can't turn at super high speed, and the other guy can, you're gonna get pwned regardless of what bike you are piloting.

Now obviously if rider skill is equal or close to one another, than the bike will make the difference. But there really is NO substitute for skilled riding. And the reality is, most guys can't push their bikes to the outter limits of its abilities (and I include myself in that camp).

·
Registered
437 Posts
Actually, for anything other than drag racing in a straight line, yeah. I've seen super talented guys on 250s on the track just plain smoke dudes on litrebikes
:clap

As have i............... on the track seen even 125's rip the piss out of R1 riders etc round the corners, then things carry corner speed like no ones business

Anyone can go fast in a straight line, going fast around corners and carrying corner speed is a totally different question :)

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
+1

1 - 20 of 23 Posts