Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to have some ammo when I go buy my new bike. who got the best deal and what was it. also where did you get it?
thanks everyone
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man thats awesome. I have been beating the guys up around here and $8880 is as good as I have been able to get. it was $8931 until I told a story I had at that dealer so the next one said they would beat it just so I wouldn't go there.
I really wish i could get one here in the crate and save a few more $'s . I think it would be an amazing experience to uncrate it and get it up and running. I was looking at the set up manual and nothing difficult at all but I still think it would be cool. plus bragging rights I always do and build everything myself if I can .
if anyone knows where I can get one in the crate shipped to me for cheaper please let me know. I think I am getting it this weekend maybe on sunday . I have plans for saturday already working plus I need the last few hundred from that job so I have to wait. it will be nice having a brand new bike and no payment.
thanks for the info nem. did you have sales tax on that? or do you know what the dealer cost was? or the bottom line for the bike itself?
have you put exhaust on it yet or any other mods?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
robthorn said:
thanks for the info nem. did you have sales tax on that? or do you know what the dealer cost was? or the bottom line for the bike itself?
have you put exhaust on it yet or any other mods?
This is from Romney Cycles in WV. Paid them 7720 OTD then I had to register it, tag it, and title it here in VA which was 315 to the DMV = 8035 OTD.

So far I have got flush turn signals, tail light integrator, sliders, fender eliminator, and an Akra slip on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,623 Posts
I just left Minneapolis and they were trying to clear out all their inventory. The said they would do $1200 below MSRP and no extra fees for setup, just tax and license is all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah the best I could find in florida for a black one was 8879.99 otd so I went ahead and bought it. they are saying the black is harder to get so they wouldn't budge anymore and got the same statement from everyone. not as good of a deal as I hoped for but not full price either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
I payed $7k for mine. I bought it in Ohio, + $800 for gas + $600 for registration = $8400 w/ trip to the east coast!!!!:thefinger

Oh, it was brand new, out of the crate, registered in WA, Titanium Color!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow we are a bunch of cheap asses over here and I am proud of it. I have a reef tank and californians pay out the butt for coral and fish also. of course you probably make double my paycheck there also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
Thats right, Washington tax it up to like 8.9%, f**k'n redicules!!! I thinks it's still the highest in the Country.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
h20 I have year round riding for the most part. maybe a month that is too cold without leather. my car was down last year so i had to ride that month and let me tell you 45 F. sucks without leather.
I thought 7% was bad. can I say f'ing politics here?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
oh didnt even see that you are from FL....hahahaha....but you are still in the east coast....when they say the bike is $8XXX MSRP thats what you guys pay for....here its that and put another $3000 on top of MSRP and you get a california spec bike....stoopid smog laws...:banghead

My older bro used to work in MD, and bought an 06 GSXR 600 over there...$8500 i think OTD with tags and registration. Now that he is back in CA cops hassle him about having MD tags and to change it to "California Spec bike" its going to take him another $3500 by the dealerships to change the smog equipment on the bike and its not guaranteed that the DMV will register his out of state bike. I have considered buying a bike from the east coast and just take it back here in cali....but after my brothers deal....ill just use my zx7 until I can get a newer bike...hahahahh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
h2opoloplyr_11 said:
oh didnt even see that you are from FL....hahahaha....but you are still in the east coast....when they say the bike is $8XXX MSRP thats what you guys pay for....here its that and put another $3000 on top of MSRP and you get a california spec bike....stoopid smog laws...:banghead

My older bro used to work in MD, and bought an 06 GSXR 600 over there...$8500 i think OTD with tags and registration. Now that he is back in CA cops hassle him about having MD tags and to change it to "California Spec bike" its going to take him another $3500 by the dealerships to change the smog equipment on the bike and its not guaranteed that the DMV will register his out of state bike. I have considered buying a bike from the east coast and just take it back here in cali....but after my brothers deal....ill just use my zx7 until I can get a newer bike...hahahahh
Yea i've heard of that, earier this year.....must fu**'n suck!!! Doesn't Cali also have that thing for pop, that they add like 50cents to all the prices because the have to use water purifiers or something like that????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
zx_rider said:
Yea i've heard of that, earier this year.....must fu**'n suck!!! Doesn't Cali also have that thing for pop, that they add like 50cents to all the prices because the have to use water purifiers or something like that????
never heard about that....but i might have to find out about it now.....seriously cali thinks of the stoopidest things to tax residents....:angry
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top