Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got finished washing down the motorcycle and I realized I never clean my wheels...the rims are super dirty. After wiping the rims down, I forgot how good they looked but all these years and I never take the time to clean my rims when I clean my bike.

Do you clean your motorcycle wheels/rims?

·
Registered
990 Posts
On the 500 they are silver so need cleaning on a regular basis. Also I originally had a Scottoiler which made quite a mess over the back of the bike. Over here I used a special bike cleaning detergent from Hein Gericke. Just spray on, use a soft brush if needed to loosen crud & wash off. Helped to shift dead bugs off front as well. These days I use Castrol chain wax which is not so messy but the detergent shifts that as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I do. My routine is to plug exhaust and ram air openings. Wash from top down and front to back. I clean rims last, front first rear last as it usually has the most dirt built up.

·
Registered
161 Posts
every time I get to the wheels I get lazy. Usually hit em with the hose and if I can tell what color they're supposed to be it's good enough for me...:rofl

·
Registered
199 Posts
beansbaxter said:
I just got finished washing down the motorcycle and I realized I never clean my wheels...the rims are super dirty. After wiping the rims down, I forgot how good they looked but all these years and I never take the time to clean my rims when I clean my bike.

Do you clean your motorcycle wheels/rims?
Surely you know I do !

·
Registered
66 Posts
sure do, everytime i wash the beast , and if the reason for washing is special occasion such as charity ride, i'll even break out the billet polish and hit 'em up once. my winter project is to polish out the frame and swingarm. labor intensive? YES, cheaper than chrome? oh hell yeah. :crazyloco the zed will be lookin good by spring

·
Registered
40 Posts
I clean the wheels evertime I wash the bike. Some times I clean the wheels and not the bike, if I see chain lube or brake dust build up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I clean them all the time. I usually use a self solvent that i use on my car rims and just spray them off and wipe em dry

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
marbec1a said:
I do. My routine is to plug exhaust and ram air openings. Wash from top down and front to back. I clean rims last, front first rear last as it usually has the most dirt built up.
Hmmmm :smile thats the same way I do mine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts