Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was riding yesterday and when i shut off my bike i heard a whistling noise it was coming from my gas cap this is the first time ive heard is this normal and is there any way to get rid of it?

Also my bike is gettin pretty hot when just cruising around is there any certain mileage to when you can use waterwetter ive heard good things about it should i just wait till after break in or is it ok to use now?

it is an 06 zx636r

·
Registered
300 Posts
As for the gascap, I was told when I bought my '07 zx6r that it is normal. If you want it to stop open the gascap. It's a pressure release and it's part of the design. Safety feature maybe? :headscratch

·
Registered
526 Posts
ya, its pressure, thats what mine does all the time, especially after i finish fillin the tank up when i straighten her up, or i went for a really long short ride. i usually jus open the cap 2 relieve some pressure.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the black bike in SC summer (avg 91 degrees) and it does that for a long time after I've stopped. It's the gas warming up and the pressure from it expanding in the tank.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Waterwetter in my opinion does not work as well as anti-freeze. WW works great on the track as it doesn't contain any slippery substances. If you read closely WW says it will keep your engine cooler that water alone which is your alternative for the race track. Just my .02 worth.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey i was riding yesterday and when i shut off my bike i heard a whistling noise it was coming from my gas cap this is the first time ive heard is this normal and is there any way to get rid of it?

Also my bike is gettin pretty hot when just cruising around is there any certain mileage to when you can use waterwetter ive heard good things about it should i just wait till after break in or is it ok to use now?

it is an 06 zx636r

Yeah I got that from the tank cap also, sounds like a whistle that gets lower and lower in tone, and it is the pressure releasing from the tank itself, it must be by design, but sounds pretty naff....

As for the bike temp, I was concerned about that also, there are a few posts about it, one of them I created myself before finding the other post, which put my mind at rest, I was used to seeing in the 70 degree range when riding, then I pulled up to stop, and the temp said 90 degrees, which sounds hot... but I found this post thread

http://www.zxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4032

check it out.. search online for the F to C conversion... :evil

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would recommend Engine Ice. It is a 1:1 ratio so no water is needed. it last a lot longer in your radiator. I ride in the Arizona heat. 120f. And my bike gets hot when it stops. Before Engine Ice on hot days the temp would climb to about 226-229f now with the engine Ice it only gets up to about 216-219f.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts