Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which brake lines do most of you prefer....?? SPIEGLER'S OR GALFER'S??? I have the Spiegler's on my zx10r. they work awsome. But I was looking at them for my 14 and the spiegler's are still 3 lines. Now i was looking into the Galfer's and they cut it down to 2 lines running them directly from the master cylinder to the calipers. the Galfer's are much cheaper also because they are only 2 lines....The Spiegler's are an additional $57 because of them using 3rd line. Has anyone put the 2 line Galfer's on and liked them? Or are all steel braided lines pretty much same but to personal prefernces?? Thanks ALL....!

·
Administrator
58,571 Posts
Not sure if I'm missing something. OEM is still 2 lines but they join at one caliper and go over to the other side. Galfer is still 2 lines and just goes from the ms to each caliper like you say.
The only issue I had with the galfer was the crimped fittings were just a bit off. You have to twist the line to get them on. Not much but it wasn't perfect. Spiegler has the swivels and you don't have that issue.
I paid $105 for my set so I'm happy.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry, you are correct.... It's still just 2 lines for Galfer's. But what i read was that instead of meeting and splitting down at caliper's it's done right at the ms, so each line goes directly to each caliper.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the speigler's on my '04 zx10r.....LOVE THEM!! VERY NICE PICS 185 EZ!!! and can I ask where you got them for only $105...?? I'm seeing prices $165 Just for front....If I want both back and front it's....$220.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NICE!! Thanks for the info!!

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup....I see the Galfer sets on ebay....front set green for $89...back for $45. Thanks for great info!!

·
Administrator
58,571 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see them now!!! BIG THANKS 185EZ!!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,120 Posts
I have a mixture of lines on the BWII. The P.O. had added the longer front line (but not the crossover line) and a clutch line, but no rear line. Don't know what brand he bought, but I got a used Galfer rear line on Fleabay and had a custom crossover line made up to get rid of the rubber lines. They all seem to work well, but some seem crafted nicer than others. I had black-sheathed Spieglers on BW I. Most of the providers seem to have colored lines available.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
been running galfer, their customer service is awesome. so i bought their lines from a private shop that sold the lines. i had the dealer install then and a few months later when the dealer had installed, i noticed they secured with a zip tie up beind the fairings, which any normal person would have done, but the tie and the lines were rubbing as the lines moved and it tore the plastic coating and into the lining. (no leaks thank god) so i called them and emailed photos and everything. no came up with a new holder for the lines and sent me new ones for free. i thought that service was awesome especially considering i didn't buy them directly from them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the galfer lines on mine and the ends swivel just like the spiegler lines do I was kind of disappointed with the fit when I got them until I did some digging online and found that they do swivel. I already had them mounted so I just put a rag over jaws of pliers and turned them how I wanted them.

·
Administrator
58,571 Posts
I have the galfer lines on mine and the ends swivel just like the spiegler lines do I was kind of disappointed with the fit when I got them until I did some digging online and found that they do swivel. I already had them mounted so I just put a rag over jaws of pliers and turned them how I wanted them.
You are correct. I'll have to see if I have the newer style.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice illustrations.... Galfer it is!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts