Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A simple question, but I'm sure theres a simple answer ! where is a good place and easy to wire in the power feed for a TomTom ? Any help appreciated !
Thanks

Simon

·
Registered
228 Posts
Left hand side below the black fairing piece is a rubber boot, wiggle it up and you'll find a pair of bullet connectors, one male one female, thats the auxillary power feed that only live when the ignition is on, I used that for the tomtom and heated grips. I was able to connect to it without removing any panels whatsoever, just by plenty of wiggling and muttering!

Photo taken from this thread : http://www.zxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5000
I believe credit for the photo goes to 08CC14.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I wired my Garmin direct to the Battery. This means I can enter trip detail before switch on and monitor route info whilst stopped having a bacon butty. The device draws low current when mounted and I remove it from the bike when away from it. The mount draws no current. Martin

·
Registered
16 Posts
For a 'switched' positive feed The Kawi dealership that installed my Sat Nav simply tapped into the red wire connected to the front brake lever..... i also used this feed for my heated grips.

·
Registered
451 Posts
[qoute] For a 'switched' positive feed The Kawi dealership that installed my Sat Nav simply tapped into the red wire connected to the front brake lever..... i also used this feed for my heated grips.

ExBandit, The AUX leads are by far the best bet for sat navs. Don't think powering your heated grips Or even your sat nav from the brake switch wire, is proper practice m8. That wire goes to the ABS hydraulic module and you don't want to be f***ing that baby up. I'd re-think your power supply connection if I were you and I don't know why your dealer would connect there in the first place.

·
Registered
16 Posts
[qoute] For a 'switched' positive feed The Kawi dealership that installed my Sat Nav simply tapped into the red wire connected to the front brake lever..... i also used this feed for my heated grips.

ExBandit, The AUX leads are by far the best bet for sat navs. Don't think powering your heated grips Or even your sat nav from the brake switch wire, is proper practice m8. That wire goes to the ABS hydraulic module and you don't want to be f***ing that baby up. I'd re-think your power supply connection if I were you and I don't know why your dealer would connect there in the first place.
Must admit Hitman, it does seem a bit strange..... Kawi dealer originally fitted both the Sat Nav & Heated grips to this feed... the heated grips they fitted were sh!te so i stuck some Oxford grips on last week and simply used the same feed...despite everything working 100% fine i do share your concern!

I'll be fitting some more mods this weekend (Beowolf can, risers & footpeg droppers)so i think i'll tap into the Aux feed while i'm at it...

Cheers for the heads up :mfclap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts