Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,848 Posts
On my 93 I have always used 5/8 deepwell, NON-SPARKPLUG sockets. Just take the rubber insert from the sparkplug socket and stick it into the regular deepwell.

Josh

· Registered
4,023 Posts
I just use a 5/8 spark plug socket... just get a good one that has a good rubber in it...

makes a big difference if it grabs the small plug or not

· Registered
271 Posts
i ran into this problem and had a few different sockets to try and none worked. i instead took a flat file and worked the sides down myself. took about half hr for me by hand but i concentrated on the lower side cause thats where its seems like i was getting caught up. nobody had a socket thinwalled enough to get in there and it was a waste of time and gas running around town with a micrometer. hope that works out for ya.

· Registered
4,023 Posts
Ive never had any issues pulling my plugs... strange...

or another solution is a magnetic wand.... head is aluminum... the only thing it will catch on is head bolts

· Registered
674 Posts
Ive never had any issues pulling my plugs... strange...

or another solution is a magnetic wand.... head is aluminum... the only thing it will catch on is head bolts
+1 for the magnetic wand. The rubber inside my spark plug socket keeps getting pulled out by the spark plug. The magnetic pickup tool is just a handy thing to have around. Saved my ass more times than I can count. I like drop screws and stuff you see :)

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
They do make spark plug sockets that have magnets in them not rubber.
Yes they do, and the rock.

I have a cheap one that never wants to grab the socket in the rubber... Usually I just unscrew it and then use the boot to grab it. Don't need to force it all the way on, just enough to pull it out.

But seriously, those sockets are cheap. Go buy a set of them.

· Registered
1,790 Posts
I use a Snap-On 3/8" 16mm deep socket/extension. It's the only one thin enough to fit inside the opening. You can use the rubber insert, but I just loosen the plug and use a magnet to remove. Installation is done by carefully lowering plug into the hole with fingers. I hand tighten to make sure you DO NOT cross thread plugs. That's a can a "Whoop Ass" you do not want to open!
Make sure to drop-in NGK CR9EK sparkplugs. I've been told these are the best for our bikes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.