Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike has been leaking some oil in the past but not significant, took the alt cover off to do some repairs, some oil did leak out but i estimate about half a quart. Put everything back together and replace the lost oil and still nothing shows up in the oil window. I added some more about another half quart, placed the bike on center ground but still nothing? Whats up with this?

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'd drain it all out and start over.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You don't by anychance still have it sitting on the kickstand do you. You need to lift it off the kickstand and the bike straight up and down to see the oil in the viewing glass. Have a friend hold it upright and then look at the viewing glass. It should be about half way in the middle. I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but some of my friends didn't even know that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What bike is it? OIl level should be checked 5 mins after stopping engine following reasonable run. Bike should be level when doing this. If you try and check it cold it will be low/ out of sight and you cant accurtately guage it. As suggested I'd drain it all, refill with required amount, take on a 20 mile run then check 5 mins after stopping engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts