Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,i need a crank for a zx11,will a ninja 1000,zrx11 fit....does anyo0ne have a good one for sale.....will the others fit,
even if i have to change rods/base gasket/or pistons

i see a ninja 1000 crank with rods on ebay....and i see a zx11....but its one of those "turned" cranks where it went bad,and they added metal,and reground.....im very wery of this route....but if others here have had good outcome with this then ill try.....please help....im trying to find cheapest/best route (without having to buy another motor).....thanks for any help

· Premium Member
2,724 Posts
Have you checked ebay? There was one on there a few days ago for a 91 zx11

· Registered
1,044 Posts
i think the 1000 crank will work if you use 1000 rods. rod journal is smaller. the zrx 11 will not work, clutch drive gear is different than the zx11 and will not work with the clutch. you can use the zrx11 crank but you will need to use the zrx clutch assembly. i have a brand new zx11 crank balanced byfalicon for $500. i might also have a used one,i will check.

· Registered
94 Posts
if you get a welded crank i have used them in the past just make shure they are nitrited and i also would have it cryo-treated. the formula d car that the shop i work for has a welded offset ground crank in it and it makes 500 hp to the ground and 9000 rpm has never had a problem.

· Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info

also...ninjazx11...so thats a new crank(never repaired) and balanced....thats a good price....i was trying to find a little cheaper way to fix,since im out of consistent work,i think marine quated 350 to repair mine,including nitride treatment....of course ide rather have a new one...so the 1000 crank and rods work....thats good to know.i did see a rebuilt crank on ebay fro0m a guy in illinois....but i doubt its nitride treated.....but im not sure.

if you still have it,might save up fo9r the new one

· Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
im interested in a used one zx11....as long as it hasnt been repaired....and good shape....and that would be a good price......if i had to get mine repaired...then i want the nitrite treated ones....it seems the only ones that do that treatment is ape and marine...but im not sure...i almost bought one of ebay guy from ill.....but in his description....he doesnt say it is.

let me know zx11 if you have one and if its still stock...and never been repaired.....thanks alot....the reason i dont want one thats been repaired....is cause i think if i should get repaired one.....i should just send mine off

really looking forward to the spring....and the whole riding year : )

· Registered
94 Posts
if you want or need one repaired call castillos crankshaft (714) 523-0321 they do nitriting and welding and trust me i am a very picky machinist and the things that he has welded for the shop i almost couldn't tell that it had been repaired.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.