Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After watching Roger Lee Hayden do his thing at the USGP race, with only getting 3 hour one-hour sessions and a practice session before the actual race, I think he did very well out there. Will his performance at Laguna bring more manufacturers to take notice? And how long until his name is called to start riding in the Big Show?

·
Registered
990 Posts
RL had home track advantage but still a great performance, as he has had very little time on the bike. His result was better than the current world champ & also better than the #1 Kawi rider for next year :squint I wonder if Kawasaki will keep him in AMA until they win an AMA superbike championship then sign him on to the MotoGP team. How old is he? Going by the 6R performance this year I'm guessing the 10R will give Suzuki something to think about in '08, they need a rider that can win & RL seems to have that potential.

West is doing what he set out to do & improving results race by race, great result seeing as he has never been at the track before. de Puniet needs to step up otherwise he will be outdone by West very soon.

Chaz Davies was even more impressive :clap never sat on a MotoGP bike before FP2 or raced at Laguna Seca & was lapping at a similar pace to the leaders in the race according to the commentators, shame he had a bike problem & had to come in :rolleyes

·
Registered
462 Posts
His result was better than the current world champ & also better than the #1 Kawi rider for next year :squint
The only thing I disagree with what you said shortcircuit, is about the new Hayden beating the world champion, Nicky dropped out of the running due to mechanical difficulties, but other than that, totally agree:evil . I don't even care for "#1".

Roger Lee did a badass job especially seeing how little time he had on the bike. I'm pretty sure that opened up some of the teams eyes seeing him do that. I have no doubt he'll be riding a GP bike sooner or later.

Rossi getting 4th makes me sad...

·
Registered
990 Posts
But Rossi was behind by a similar margin in points last year & made a comeback only to fluff it in the last race. The Yam should have track advantage for the rest of the season going by last year. Rossi can potentially do it & it will make the rest of the season all the more interesting to see if he can beat Stoner to the championship :crazyloco

Nicky H put himself in the position by running wide, if he had not run wide he would not have been hit by Hopper & received the damage to the bike that he did which basically messed up his race IMO. RL kept out of trouble & got a great result.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts