Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a bike a week ago and I ride everyday... I was wondering after how long do u guys think I should be experienced enough to ride on a track? End of this summer? Next summer? I have a 2011 zx6r

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Street experience and track experience are two totally different things. IMHO you can go to the track tomorrow if you want as long as your comfortable with your bike and it's controlls.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Whenever You want to.

You just need to feel comfortable with Yourself riding Your bike.

Don't be afraid of track!. It is a great experience, and much safer than streets.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
So I bought a bike a week ago and I ride everyday... I was wondering after how long do u guys think I should be experienced enough to ride on a track? End of this summer? Next summer? I have a 2011 zx6r

I asked this question a few years ago and someone once told me after a couple thousand street miles after you become really familiar with the controls of your motorcycle.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
I asked this question a few years ago and someone once told me after a couple thousand street miles after you become really familiar with the controls of your motorcycle.
+1 It's a good idea to get comfortable with your bike before you try track riding but if you try track riding today you will be no worse for it .

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
Indeed, there's no faster way to learn IMO... except something like Penguin.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guy!! One more thing how does the track thing work? Do u pay for an hour? 2 hours? The day? And are there any instructors giving u tips on stuff like knee down? Etc.

·
16,062 Posts
I bought my 6 in '08, under the same idea that I would ride it for a year or 2, get familiar with the bike and myself on a bike and then start hitting a track.
However, I honestly believe that if I had joined a track club and started at a track, as a beginner, the skills I learned would have made me a more confident, skilled and responsible street rider, right from the get-go. And I probably woldn't have made the mistakes I made and went down when/how I did.
The only thing that stopped me was finances.
If you have the money for gear, track fees, tires, fuel, travel expenses, etc.,
I say, get to the track as soon as you can.
The longer you spend teaching yourself improper riding habits on the street, the harder it will be for the track instructors to break them.
Learn right, while you're green.
Like mentioned, it's safer at a track and if you have to go down and learn the hard way, the track is where you want it to happen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts