Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very annoying.. If I am rolling at a high rate of speed will go into neutral so if I time it right I will be in neutral at a light.. But a rarely do.. Lol.. So annoying to have to hold the clutch in for the entire light. So I have to turn her off, goes right into neutral and then restart. All other gears is really smooth. Just replaced second gear, the shift forks and shift drum. I had a lot of issues with the shop that did the work. I really don't want to have to take it back again... I was kicking myself in the ass too, I usually do all my own work, but I figured for this I would use a pro... But that's either here nor there.. I was wondering if I can adjust anything... Also sometimes when I am at the light in gear with the clutch pulled all the way in, it still want to slowing move forward like the clutch isn't fully disengaged. Please help so I don't have to see those guys again...

·
Registered
14 Posts
well you shouldn't really just pull the clutch and drop to neutral, But I guess we're all guilty of it lol. But as for the bike wanted to move forward try tightening the clutch cable.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I put mine in neutral all the time at long lights..... you have to come to a complete stop before it will go into neutral though. just curious though, do you downshift all the way down, releasing the clutch to each gear before you stop?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put mine in neutral all the time at long lights..... you have to come to a complete stop before it will go into neutral though. just curious though, do you downshift all the way down, releasing the clutch to each gear before you stop?
Yep... I have been riding for years.. Never had this issue till these guys fixed my bike. When it's running does not go into neutral.. If I am stoped no matter what I am doing.. if I shut it off it goes right into neutral. If it's running it will just go into second and first but will not find neutral... Anyone ever experience this problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts