Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm 61, ditched the bar risers and went back to stock seating position.

No issues with my back what so ever.
60 here.

I have back issues but the zx-14 position is like therapy.

My buddy is 78 and last year did the 1500 miles in 24 hours Iron Butt on his zx-14.

oh, and a 9.6 quarter mile.

Age in itself isnt a factor.

However, ride what you can & whatever makes you smile :grin2:

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
60 here.

I have back issues but the zx-14 position is like therapy.

My buddy is 78 and last year did the 1500 miles in 24 hours Iron Butt on his zx-14.

oh, and a 9.6 quarter mile.

Age in itself isnt a factor.

However, ride what you can & whatever makes you smile :grin2:

Not there yet in age (that 60 milestone) but sounds pretty encouraging when I near that age which isn't too long. :serious: I see myself still riding. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
13,120 Posts
I think I am getting smoother and more efficient, but it's not age or lack of it, it's the experience of having ridden so many fantastic roads and the promise of more that keeps me moving forward. I just hit 65 Friday and am really looking forward to this coming riding season.

·
6,664 Posts
I think I am getting smoother and more efficient, but it's not age or lack of it, it's the experience of having ridden so many fantastic roads and the promise of more that keeps me moving forward. I just hit 65 Friday and am really looking forward to this coming riding season.
I thought it was riding season. I just put in nearly 300 miles yesterday. Hmmm

·
Premium Member
13,120 Posts
I thought it was riding season. I just put in nearly 300 miles yesterday. Hmmm
Weather has been iffy here. Up to 75 one day last week. Had to cover delicate bushes with garbage bags last night after two days of cold rain and a morning of snow on the first official day of Spring. For me riding season begins with my first overnighter in May. I've actually had some good riding days all winter.

·
6,664 Posts
If anyone is thinking about getting a Ninja 1000, I highly recommend the CalSci windscreen. My bike came with a Puig, but it was ugly and offered no additional wind blocking. The CalSci windscreen looks better and actually works.

·
6,664 Posts
Now it is time to pull the CDI and send it to Ivan's to get it flashed and start installing my Arrow header.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
I'm 61, ditched the bar risers and went back to stock seating position.

No issues with my back what so ever.

Now Im 66, same issue. No back problems with OEM seating position onmy ZX-11

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dynajohn, just curious why are you on your 3rd ZX14? If you like them so much why did you sell the first two? Did you just wear them out?
Sold the first one (a 2006) in 2010 after racing it for 4 years. The 2nd one a 2012 was bought in 2012 and immediately went to Brock Davidsons shop in Ohio for him to develop parts for. That one became the Louisville Slugger bike he made all the u-tube videos on as he worked on development. Raced that bike for two years and sold it to a friend. The third one a 2012 I just bought three months ago. This one will remain a street bike.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts