Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,118 Posts
I have the BWII's riding position set up fairly similarly with lowered pegs and seat and raised bars. The only thing I can't do is carve 50 lbs off it's large ass. I'll be 65 next Friday.

·
Premium Member
13,118 Posts
Removing the rubbers from he stock pegs gave me an extra 1/2" of legroom and the Knight Design pegs I bought last year yielded another 3/8" for almost an inch more than stock.

This is from several years ago, clearly showing the bar kit.

You can see the stock pegs with rubbers removed here.

·
Premium Member
13,118 Posts
Here's the cut-down stock seat with the cover EZ gave me. By the time you add the Airhawk seat pad, you're back to close to stock seat height. I only use the Airhawk on trips.

·
Premium Member
13,118 Posts
Great mods & machine, HH. Love the colour-matched pipes too. You get the best bike colours there.
Thats got to ease the aches.
I've gotta slow down a bit - no fairings may help build my neck muscles too, mind you I tried that the other year with a 'fightered ZX F2 and ended up with muscles like an elephants knee!
Thanks for the pics.
Thanks for the compliments.
Even with the ZGST screen, the higher bars puts you up in the windblast.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Removing the rubbers from he stock pegs gave me an extra 1/2" of legroom and the Knight Design pegs I bought last year yielded another 3/8" for almost an inch more than stock.

This is from several years ago, clearly showing the bar kit.

You can see the stock pegs with rubbers removed here.
I asked you this but forgot your answer, where did you get the screen extension? does it help or just look bitchen?

·
Premium Member
13,118 Posts
I got it from Twisted Throttle. It's an MRA X-creen. You can adjust it up and down several inches and almost infinitely for angle. It doesn't have a huge effect but is really good for tweaking the windblast to help find a quiet spot. Lately I've been running it nearly horizontally. I also made a different blade for it out of an old ZG screen I bought used of Fleabay because it matches the tint and thickness of the ZGST better than the stock piece. Comes with either clamp-on hardware or drill the screen for a permanent mount.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I'm 61, ditched the bar risers and went back to stock seating position.

No issues with my back what so ever.

·
6,661 Posts
I have one of those. 2012 Z1000

I am selling it now as I just upgraded to a 2014 Ninja 1000 (in green, of course). It is everything the Z1000 is, with more wind protection and big saddle bags.

Here is one with the bags on it. I can't seem to find a pic of my bike with the bags on.

The Ninja 1000 handles just as well as the Z1000 as it is pretty much the same bike with some fairings put on, yet still comfortable for a several hundred mile ride. It does nothing fantastic but everything well. Great compromise bike. For the real twisty roads I pull out my ZX10R.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I got it from Twisted Throttle. It's an MRA X-creen. You can adjust it up and down several inches and almost infinitely for angle. It doesn't have a huge effect but is really good for tweaking the windblast to help find a quiet spot. Lately I've been running it nearly horizontally. I also made a different blade for it out of an old ZG screen I bought used of Fleabay because it matches the tint and thickness of the ZGST better than the stock piece. Comes with either clamp-on hardware or drill the screen for a permanent mount.
I ordered one, I went with the larger touring version bolt on. I got these bitchen Scala Q 3 intercom units. Be nice to hear your passanger or buddy riding next to you, thanks

·
Premium Member
13,118 Posts
I ordered one, I went with the larger touring version bolt on. I got these bitchen Scala Q 3 intercom units. Be nice to hear your passanger or buddy riding next to you, thanks

Post a pic when you get it mounted. They only had the one size when I got mine.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Hey Zed, what do you consider old ? :eek:ld:

·
Premium Member
13,118 Posts
Today? Me!
Old for me will be when I can't get my leg over anymore (my bike that is!)
Hell, when I have the bags on for travel, I have to grab the left grip, give a little hop and kick my foot directly across the seat already!

·
Premium Member
13,118 Posts
Dayum! That is a clean old 500-4. I'd snatch that up in a New York second if it were around here. They were always a sweeter, smoother runner than the 750s.

And old riding buddy in Florida had one with a kitted motor, pipe and smoothbores back in the day and it was no slouch.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Great classic second bike to have in the garage.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts