Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A slight amount of oil comes out, but I went ahead and got the gasket for it to change out. It looks like an easy job, but want to ask to see if anyone recommends adding that other gasket stuff that helps seal leaks. Some guy rebuilt my carbs and used that stuff so I found out the hard way he shouldn't have done that. I'd rather ask now so I don't learn the hard way again. Thanks in advance. I searched on youtube and google, but didn't find anything specific to that part of the engine.

Edit:
Ok found on another forum people said don't use any sealant on a stator cover so it should be the same I think.

·
Registered
194 Posts
the problem is the word sealant is vague ,., there is certain brands of spray gasket kind of stuff that doesnt do much more than help keep the gasket from moving and stuff,.,.,.,., but if its a silicone caulk like gasket sealant it will or can cause a problem when u tighten the cover back on and it oozes out theside,.,., i hope i could of helped sumwhat

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the problem is the word sealant is vague ,., there is certain brands of spray gasket kind of stuff that doesnt do much more than help keep the gasket from moving and stuff,.,.,.,., but if its a silicone caulk like gasket sealant it will or can cause a problem when u tighten the cover back on and it oozes out theside,.,., i hope i could of helped sumwhat
Yeah, thank you, I totally get what your saying. I went ahead and pulled it off. I think some kind of sealant was used previous since there was some dry gritty ish stuff where the leak was. I pulled the old one out and went through it with a screw driver and a towel to clean then just put some oil on the new gasket and slipped it in. I also cleaned around the surface where the gasket will press onto the engine. I think that should be fine. I'll find out after a good ride. It wasn't all that bad, but I would prefer not to see a drop come out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts