Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered a GTR in nov 2006. Yesterday I called into my local dealer here in dublin. He told me there are delays with the bikes in japan. He does not expect to have a bike for me untill june or july. Does anybody know the earliest date a GTR can be got in the UK. I am in urgent need of this new bike.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Kawi Netherlands says June.

But how can a 2008 model be delayed when its delivered in 2007? :lol

·
Registered
990 Posts
Kawasaki UK are quoting Summer 2007
http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/1400gtr/default.asp?Sub=47F70EE0

The 1400GTR, the all new Transcontinental Tourer from Kawasaki contains many new Supersport and Touring features. Before the mega tourer will be launched in summer 2007, Kawasaki have released animation movies to explain four of the top features of the 1400GTR.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was told June 2007 in Australia but only the ABS Silver for here in first year, nutz....cause i wanted the black...Maybe I can do a swap of body work with someone in Europe or US???

·
Registered
368 Posts
I was told June 2007 in Australia but only the ABS Silver for here in first year, nutz....cause i wanted the black...Maybe I can do a swap of body work with someone in Europe or US???
Sounds like you're in a quandry. Buy the neutron silver now, or wait until next year for the black. Hmmmmm...

I've got the diablo black on order... if they told me that... I'd wait for the one you want. Never settle. (just my 2 cents worth)

·
Registered
368 Posts
:angry Delays look inevitable. February 12 the Kawi site said "arriving Spring 2007" now the site says "...Summer 2007". I guess those of us who have ordered one in advance are at their mercy and will just have to wait. My pre-order says "non-refundable" so I'm just going to wait. Grrrr :angry

·
Registered
181 Posts
As i said in other posts, delivery will be - upon Kawasaki Germany officials - end of July, start of August... :scared :scared :scared

·
Registered
34 Posts
Kawasaki Har gjort det igen!

Vid ett smygtest nere i Tyskland av GTR1400 mot Klassens konkurenter, Yamaha fjr1300a, Honda Pan European, BMW1200RT samt 1200GT på
krokiga bergs och landsvägar och även Autobahn.
Så kan det nu konstateras att den nya GTR1400 har flyttat fram och höjt standarden i det växande Touringsegmentet.
Storsäljande konkurentmodeller får det svårt att behålla sina positioner, nu när GTR1400 kommer till Sverige. #"Utrustad med Back Torque Limiter, samma som ZX-10R/ZX-6R. Förhindrar bakhjulsstuds vid hård inbromsning.

I slutet av Juli Kommer vi att få in ett par maskiner och en demo.
GTR1400 hamnar i Försäkringsklass 5 och har 1 års fri vagnskade försäkring ( Bilsport & mc) http://www.gmckarlstad.se/

Kawasaki have done it again!

A test of GTR1400 against Yamaha fjr1300a,Honda Pan European,BMW1200RT and 1200GThave secretly been carried out by (among others) the Swedish Bilsport and Mc on curvey roads and Autobahn in Germany. The GTR has been said to have raised the standard in the touring segment.Big selling concurrents modells will have a hard time to maintain there postions,now when the GTR is coming to Sweden. #Equipped with "Back Torque Limiter",the same as ZX-10R/ZX-6R got.Prevent the rear wheel from jumping, when going hard on enginebrake.
The vendidors are expecting their demos at the end of July.One year vehicle damage insurance is included.

·
Registered
41 Posts
They are in Nova Scotia

I just left the dealership, the Concourse is here, and looks even better then the pics. The one they had out of the crate was an ABS model, mine will be out tomorrow and hopefully I will be riding it Friday.:rofl

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just left the dealership, the Concourse is here, and looks even better then the pics. The one they had out of the crate was an ABS model, mine will be out tomorrow and hopefully I will be riding it Friday.:rofl

please change you're screen name to johnnybdamnlucky...

thank you

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think it would be a fair assessment to say that WE are ALL very jealous!

Ride On Brother! :mfclap

·
Registered
41 Posts
I will take lots of pics and post. If I get it by tomorrow I will be going to bike event this weekend so will take pics of the people lined up around it. :lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have ordered a GTR in nov 2006. Yesterday I called into my local dealer here in dublin. He told me there are delays with the bikes in japan. He does not expect to have a bike for me untill june or july. Does anybody know the earliest date a GTR can be got in the UK. I am in urgent need of this new bike.
I just been to Bikeworld and they don't expect the GTR to be in their showroom before August. They don't even have the price nor a brochure...sorry mate:banghead

·
Registered
261 Posts
Keep all those people outta the way of the bike in those pics..... we all know what people look like up close.. :rotflmao

Jerry

·
Registered
98 Posts
My dealer placed my order for a Silver ABS model today and was told to look for a September delivery. This really blows my mind to know johnnyb is out riding around on one now and I'm 2+ months away.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'll be speaking to my Kawi dealer in the morning with my fingers crossed that I won't have to wait until September for mine. :eek:hno

·
Registered
98 Posts
A dealer in Conyers, GA said that because there is more demand than bikes in the US, the larger dealers would participate in a drawing to see who got what first. Therefore, C-14's would be trickling into dealerships randomly over the next few weeks and beyond.

A dealer in Savannah, GA which is the POE, said they were still hearing an August delivery. That's probably reliable.......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.