Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Start out by gettin some rear frame stander pegs(copyright:mr.rainy) and get your threshhold down and then move up to seat and do the same, as far as shifting gears...no magic pill just spend time on practice. if you feel it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah, this one guy who I talked to said that it was a major bitch for him too...haha I guess that he did wheelies when the gas tank was half down or lower then would move his ass as far as he could towards the back of the bike and gave it hell....the zx7 is a tank and has a lot of the weight in the front....so try and get as much towards the rear...goodluck buckshot

·
Registered
184 Posts
make sure you have some frame sliders or something

·
Registered
201 Posts
Put your left foot on the left rear peg and make sure you cover the brake with your other foot! Kinda a modified stand up ut it works! Staggers the weight off the center of the bike! :crazyloco

·
Registered
57 Posts
do what a lot of stunt riders do and put a crazy big sprocket on the back. you will lose a lot of top speed but it will make it heaps easier to do huge wheelies :devil just make sure you got sliders and full leathers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Travel about 25-35mph in 1st then pull the clutch in halfway and crack the throttle back about 1/3 of a turn and let the clutch back out quickly.

Though it is a front heavy bike, it's quite possible, you just need to practise until you find the knack of doing it.

I could wheelie mine ok on standard gearing but it is a LOT easier with a few extra teeth on the rear!

·
Registered
14 Posts
thats how i do it but i have only one less tooth up front and it is fun but i cant get it in second shes so fat that she drops like a hammer if you crack the throttle

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ive popped mine up bout a foot once on accident, scared the hell out of me. Since then Ive tried to do it again but cant seem to get it up. As if the bike isnt heavy enuff on its own my 240lb ass on top doesnt help much either. Anytime I try to pop the clutch it just launches forward and damn near throws me off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I stopped doing wheelies years ago. The 7R isn't the easiest beast to get up. First go up a tooth or two in the rear, and for me it's just a matter of running along around 10 mph or so, and quickly backing off the gas then immediately cranking on the throttle. I have no proplems getting it up and riding em out. But again that was back when I thought popping wheelies were cool. (maybe 10 years ago.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
These bike wheelie easily, you just gotta give it plenty revs, 1st gear, 20mph, pull in the clutch, rev up to 8000-9000rpm, release the clutch slightly faster than moving off (don't just let go or you'll destroy your chain + sprockets), a little tug, and the handlebars will hit you in the face, that's it! DO COVER THE REAR BRAKE JUST INCASE You don't need big sprockets or to stand on the rear pegs, or any of that, you just need to be brave with the throttle, yeah, they're heavy but they also have over 100bhp!!! I've wheelied a Goldwing before, just gotta be brutal!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts