Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i start my bike on the center stand my rear tire just starts to turn and turn. One day i grabbed it to see if the bike would stall or something and it didn't. (And yes the bike is in neutral). Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Every bike I have ever had has done this.

My rear tire turns (albeit slowly) when it's in neutral on the rear stand.

·
Registered
532 Posts
This is due to the friction of the oil between the gears in the gearbox will make the wheel turn, even when it is in neutral. A lot of cars do the same if the drive wheels are lifted of the ground. This is normal and nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is due to the friction of the oil between the gears in the gearbox will make the wheel turn, even when it is in neutral. A lot of cars do the same if the drive wheels are lifted of the ground. This is normal and nothing to worry about.
+1.

It would probably only happen when started from cold too as the oil thins when it warms.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I read an article about benefits/drawbacks between wet clutches and dry clutches. A common "drawback" of wet clutches is the "clunk" you get when putting the bike in gear from neutral. The "fluid" friction is the culprit...but that's not a problem. Annoying though, isn't it?

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
hell yeah......... sux more like ^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts