Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just done 250 miles yesterday now totalling 589 miles and ready for the first service. My on board computer is saying an average 50.4 miles to the gallon and I haven't been riding at 30mph everywhere I assure you. If this is correct I am well chuffed. Whats yours reading ?:clap

·
Registered
46 Posts
38.6 and I ride like a grandma :rotflmao

I think I'm coming up on 1000 miles now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have just finished the Iron Butt Challenge on Friday were I rode 1000 miles in 18.5 hrs . My average mileage was 45.5 mpg , crusing at 75 mph to 85 mph when passing long lines of traffic on the Highways I was amazed how quickly that it would get up to 135 mph . So I am quite happy with the mileage of 45.5 and the bikes overall performance on the trip . It has 3200miles on it now and seems to be getting better mileage , more power and running cooler .

Daka

·
Registered
368 Posts
My average mileage was 45.5 mpg Daka
I'm assuming that's Canadian Gallons?

I've ranged anywhere between 27 and 46 depending on what I was doing during that tank. I have had very little steady cruising time and mostly half hour commutes to/from work. My overall average from mile 1 to 1400 is currently 37.2 mpg.

·
Registered
41 Posts
08CC14, I'm getting about the same mileage as you, 38. I have 625 miles now and have varied that riding from driving miss daisy to a couple of triple digit runs. Some long cruising but mostly around town riding. Those getting better than 40mpg are either reading the numbers wrong or riding much slower than they think. I am still please with 38mpg because my 12R would average 29, but I have yet to average 40 or better, maybe it's me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
08CC14, I'm getting about the same mileage as you, 38. I have 625 miles now and have varied that riding from driving miss daisy to a couple of triple digit runs. Some long cruising but mostly around town riding. Those getting better than 40mpg are either reading the numbers wrong or riding much slower than they think. I am still please with 38mpg because my 12R would average 29, but I have yet to average 40 or better, maybe it's me.
Yes that would be Canadian gallons , but it is still works out to 41 mpg US at those speeds and a lot of high speed passing . I stiil am impressed for a bike that big, pushing that much air can get that mileage.

Daka

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine always migrates to 44.8. That is a combination of droning, fast twisty roads, 5th gear top speeds (some with big uphills), and commuting. I am at 5700 miles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm in Boulder Colorado and about 5,000 feet. I've ridden all over the West. I've tracked my MPG for the past 4895 miles. My overall average is 44.19 MPG. Best 3 tanks has been 50.7, 48.6, 48.2 MPG. Worst 3 tanks have been 37.5, 37.8 and 39.7 MPG. Best tanks were light riding at high altitude 10,000+ feet), worst was high speed riding through the west 100+ MPH with full camping gear touring trip.

Over time the bike has been doing better and better. Last few tanks has been 47-48 MPG. I look forward to switching to Synthetic OIL and see if it improves.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Baggy I'm hovering on the brink of Fjr Vs Gtr you gotta let me have a ride at Hythe.Promise i wont go fast on the canal road.

·
Registered
164 Posts
John, (murf)

You really will love the bike, and yes I will swop bikes with you at the FJR meet in Hythe in a few weeks,

By then I will have the pillion peg extenders on as that was Rondas only problem, So Aileen should be ok as well.

Stu..

Bit of info.. Murf organised a trip of a life time to Turkey last year on our FJR's, top geezer.. ... details here.. http://www.tour2cure.co.uk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whats your average Mpg ?

I'm just shy of 600 miles and the average is 42 mpg, speed ranges from 35 to 90+, seems to be about the same as my old Harley Road Glide except with real handling, brakes and power.

Al b..
South West Florida

·
Registered
41 Posts
I guess it's just me (and my fat a**) but I'm still averaging around 37.5 to 38, now with over 1000miles and synthetic oil. I usually ride in the 70 - 80 mph range with some runs through the rev range but mostly cruising in the above mentioned speed range. It's still a lot better than the 29 I was averaging on my 12R so I'm not dissappointed, but I wonder why mine is not as frugal on the petrol as most other seem to be?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I guess it's just me (and my fat a**) but I'm still averaging around 37.5 to 38, now with over 1000miles and synthetic oil. I usually ride in the 70 - 80 mph range with some runs through the rev range but mostly cruising in the above mentioned speed range. It's still a lot better than the 29 I was averaging on my 12R so I'm not dissappointed, but I wonder why mine is not as frugal on the petrol as most other seem to be?
It'll get better. Mine was similar at 1000 miles, but with over 5000 miles I'm getting around 41-42 mpg commuting to work 84 miles round trip with mixed freeway and city traffic. I read somewhere that the fuel map changes at several mileage points with the last one at 10,000km.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts