Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. How many riders dont mind the cold weather and ride? As of now I think my limit is 55 degrees lol.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
35F, but only because I don't have any better gear.

·
Registered
559 Posts
as long as the sun was shinning, i rode in low 20s this past winter. i was freezing my balls off but it was still fun.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
A hoodie, a fake leather jacket, my helmet and some decent gloves. Oh, and jeans.

If it wasn't for the jeans I would ride colder.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
I have done 20's because I hadno choice only thing freeezing was my fingers. But once I get new winter gloves, any temp will be fine.

·
Registered
559 Posts
A hoodie, a fake leather jacket, my helmet and some decent gloves. Oh, and jeans.

If it wasn't for the jeans I would ride colder.
throw on a pair of sweats under your jeans and youll be fine ;)

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
throw on a pair of sweats under your jeans and youll be fine ;)
Yeah, but I don't like to have to strip down when I get to work. So I just cut myself off above freezing. Safer anyways, don't have to worry about the ice.

·
16,062 Posts
I've suffered through a ride in the rain when it was 35.
I imagined that was about the most miserable I could be on a bike.
If I can help it, it will never happen again.
I've ridden consistently in the late fall, when it's mid 30's-40's in the morning.
But I don't enjoy it.
I have nothing to prove. Riding is about enjoying it. Anything under mid 50's makes the ride something I have to endure, rather than enjoy.
If the bike is your only vehicle, you don't have the luxury of having a preferable low temp limit.
If it were up to me, it would be 75-80, sunny and 10% humidity, 364 days out of the year, 30 and snowing on Xmas, then back to 75/80.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Nice, mind sharing what kind of gear you wear at those low temps?
i wore:
-hankerchief around my chin covering my neck
-leather gloves
-leather jacket with a sweatshirt underneath
-jeans with sweats underneath
-thermal socks with normal shoes

just watch out for icy patches on the road, lol it wont matter what gear you have on then

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Nice, mind sharing what kind of gear you wear at those low temps?
Bikers wind blocker undershirt, under gloves, and hood. Rukka riding pants. Icon leather jacket. Fuzzy socks in my boots.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
you should try to make the trip over to the even in october that i posted up
Yeah that would be awesome. But right now I'm thinking on getting a ZX6R and I have to talk to the dealer and a bank to see if I can get a new one. I don't have much credit and I don't know if they'll approve me.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts