Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm getting "used" to the power my zx9r makes, so I'm looking for what to do next.

Mods so far are

D&D full system
15/43 gearing- 520 conversion
Jet kit

I've looked into 998cc kits, but I don't really have the money for that, and I don't want to get THAT in depth right now. The bike just rolled 7500 miles today.

I've read some stuff about a timing advance key? any info on that? I run 100 octane in the bike already.

Thanks in advance for any info and/or advice.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sound like you just need to ride it a little harder.
I'm sure there's still a little "unused power" in that green beast
Trust me had one myself

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not my type of riding..

It's a street bike, not a track bike.

I want more power.. and yes, I ride it hard.

·
Registered
462 Posts
You want the next "real" step up without changing the bike? Grab one of them thar' turbo things. Herd it dus wunders. The 998 kit will add power but only 98cc's worth, a turbo could potentially double/triple!/quadruple?! the cc's. Although it certainly won't be cheaper. Theres really nothing you can get for "chump change" to significantly improve the performance of your bike, assuming of course you already got some hi-po tires? That will improve EVERYTHING about your bike. Hate to be "cliche" but the Pilot Powers really do wonders. I haven't sampled Bridgestone's latest hi-po tire but I'm sure it's good too.

Bet you'll never get "used" to a turbo, that's too much power, which really, is just the right amount.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's a street bike, not a track bike.

I want more power.. and yes, I ride it hard.
Not by the look of the edge of your rear tyre :lol not to doubt your riding skills but it takes a gooooood rider to test the 9's ability's
re: the timing advancer I think that only smooths out the low to mid range don't think it gives you any more power
re: turboing see this to tempt you http://videos.streetfire.net/video/24b7f9b4-5d31-425d-af8d-98b900e42e90.htm

Ride safe dude.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was the first tire that was on the bike since I owned it. It was a FLAT 200 series.

The 190 no has tinyyyyy chicken strips, and they are only there because it drags peg since its lowerd. I'm not worried about corners, I just stretched it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
One of "those" kinds eh? Sound like the next thing your "kind" would use is a big shot of nitrous. Not really much else you can get that will increase (straight-line) speed for cheap. You can find real cheap kits and install it yourself, prob $3-4 for a dry system for a carb bike like yours. Check eBay. I personally would never use the stuff, but I think this is what your looking for. Chrome (or polish), stretched, lowered, _________ . What goes in that blank? N2O of course.

Different strokes for different folks! N2O for you! PP's for me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts