Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For an enclosed trailer with a wood floor, what's a good non-skid coating you can use on the floor? It needs to be good enough to seal, protect, and prevent skidding when used...any suggestions?

·
Registered
990 Posts
What about using a rubber matting?

Try equestrian transport or trailer makers/suppliers or similar or just Google rubber matting.

With that you could silicon seal the edges.

·
Premium Member
4,404 Posts
or even fold and go up the walls a bit

·
Registered
50 Posts
For an enclosed trailer with a wood floor, what's a good non-skid coating you can use on the floor? It needs to be good enough to seal, protect, and prevent skidding when used...any suggestions?
Get your note pad ready.. Here goes.
For an enclosed trailor you need to get yourself a lot of 120 grit sandpaper. I glue it down were ever you are going to be driving the bike into the trailor.
Now for an open trailor I do the same thing except I super glue a lot of small rocks to the surface.

·
Registered
50 Posts
what type if glue use use when gluing rocks to open trailer?

Clear urethane?
OK, I've got to come clean VOZ, I was just kidding around for Beans' benifit. I don't use any of that. Sorry bout that. I do actually use a sand that I mix in the paint, it helps some but what really did work was shingles. I had some left overs from my house so I cut them and screwed them into the plywood every 6 inches. My trailor is a tilt so it's a pretty good angle. With the shingles on there I have not yet spun the back tire. going up of course I have an underpowered cbr900 so that might have something to do with it. lol...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts