Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping that one of the zx12 vets can for sure say if 2004-2007 rims will fit on a 2001 without any issues? I have been looking to replace the rims on my 2001 because they were not well taken care of before i got the bike and are a little pitted and have some flake. I have been looking for the best deal and have found two of them but one deal is a set of 2004 to 2007 set. Mama is on my butt bad about getting them so i am trying to save as much as i can. I have had one set chromed and bought one set before and both came from bikes2nv and i have 100% faith in their quality but am trying not to spend the big bucks this time around. Any input is appreciated, thanks guys!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well from what i can see from looking at pics and setups, they are all the same rim. Square face spoke with the angle cut and tire sizes are the same stock. Sure would appreciate any verification.:headscratch

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot for the answer rundog. Appreciate you looking into that for me. Looks like i will be saving about $450.00 if i jump on these.

·
Registered
126 Posts
One difference I just found out about. They went from a 320mm disc to a 300mm disc. Everything else is the same. I guess the change was to for 0the radial calipers

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i was thinking about upgrading the rotors ti if not aftermarket at least to year or two newer. I like the ones with the gold. But if i did not switch out the rotors would my calipers still grab on those or would i have to swap out pads at the levers i wonder?

·
Registered
126 Posts
My guess is that you would have to use your old rotors or new 320mm aftermarkets. 20mm is a big difference. You could always Ebay or craigslist the 300's and get some money back....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts