Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a step back and think of all the talk about team orders, and then I pose the question of what will Colin Edwards have to do this upcoming final MotoGP race of the season?

I hope I dont get flamed too bad for what I'm about to say next. And let me preface this by saying I did not read this anywhere else on the Internet. Through conversation with a friend today, I came up with this idea, and while as evil as it may sound, it also makes me think if this is even possible. If this indeed happens in the last race of the season, then I guess I called it first. Alright here goes:

What if Colin Edwards purposely crashes his motorcycle into Nicky Hayden in an effort to guarantee his Yamaha partner the 2006 MotoGP World Championship. What if.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Personally from what I've seen, I don't think Colin is that sort of a guy. Pedrosa taking out Rossi is far more probable. If that happened then yes Colin would be after Hayden.

It happened a couple of times in Formula One car racing (not team mates but dubious crashes), Schumacher taking out Damon Hill & another time I think it was a coming together between Prost & Senna but can't remember exactly, which sealed the result of the championship in a crucial race.

Whatever if Pedrosa is going to be a spoiler as we know he will then you can imagine Colin will do a better job of it to ensure his team mate is safe.

I have a feeling that Rossi is sandbagging, Colin has hardly ever been on the pace set by Rossi but at Estoril he was very close to him. I feel Rossi has enough in reserve to leave the Honda's floundering in his wake. I think Rossi wanted to do just enough to win at Estoril but Elias spoilt the final result. We'll see soon enough.......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts