Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about 3/4 the way through the install of my 2 Bros slipon and was wondering how should I go about dissconecting the linkage cables from the body of the servo? Right now they are just hanging above the tire. From what I have heard and read the servo itself should be left alone so it dosent trip the computer.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
101 Posts
is this better or equal to the jumper mod? iv heard the jumper mod is better. but my dealer said he disconnected his. i heard u want the valve to work because at low revs the valve is closed and gives you torque, so i would think the jumoer mod is better.

n e one tried both yet ?

·
Registered
234 Posts
The OP is talking about installing a slip-on. You have to unhook the valve motor because the valve goes away with the stock muffler.

Another option for the motor is to remove it completely and put in an Ivan's Performance Products servo eliminator. This provides the same load as the motor so no FI light.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
+1, Pics Will Help

·
Registered
46 Posts
Look. Unhook cables from valve motor and leave the motor on the bike.Do not remove motor or disconect it.Simple as that.No FI light and no problems.
:mfclap

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I put the yosh rs-5 slip-on on my bike and removed the servo, the FI light came on. After a couple weeks of searching between me and my buddy who works for the dealer we found that I had to get this little aluminum piece that bolts in place of the pulley on top of the servo. Unfortunately the cheapest we found it was $100. If I remember right I found it online and it was referred to as an FI light fix.

·
Registered
46 Posts
When I put the yosh rs-5 slip-on on my bike and removed the servo, the FI light came on. After a couple weeks of searching between me and my buddy who works for the dealer we found that I had to get this little aluminum piece that bolts in place of the pulley on top of the servo. Unfortunately the cheapest we found it was $100. If I remember right I found it online and it was referred to as an FI light fix.
Valve motor on model Zx-6R 2005 is not same as on the model 2007.That little alu piece must come with exhaust.$100 for that little piece?:angry
You must leave the servo on the bike or you can instal racing Kawasaki ECU:crazyloco . That is one mean ECU.IT have 1000 options.Much better than PCIII.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i have the same pipe and same bike, the rs5 came with the aluminum piece came with the pipe, along with 2 different mounts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah I bought mine used from somebody and he didn't give me that little aluminum piece. The reason it cost $100 is we had to order it straight from yosh...UNFORTUNATELY! So if I put a racing Kawasaki ECU on would there be any need for the PCIII? Where is the best place to find one if that is the case...I just hate that the PCIII doesn't come with a decent map for the yosh slip-on and k&n filter...I still don't have the map quite perfect yet!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah I bought mine used from somebody and he didn't give me that little aluminum piece. The reason it cost $100 is we had to order it straight from yosh...UNFORTUNATELY! So if I put a racing Kawasaki ECU on would there be any need for the PCIII? Where is the best place to find one if that is the case...I just hate that the PCIII doesn't come with a decent map for the yosh slip-on and k&n filter...I still don't have the map quite perfect yet!
Best is apparently the PCIII and the Kawi race ECU.

Also you should know you could have spent the same $100 with Ivan's Performance Products and got a little electronic bit to go in place of the exhaust servo motor instead of paying $100 to end up leaving it there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts