Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today when i was taking the rear tail faring off cus i was trying to take off the muffler. What i noticed was that some bolts were already scratched. What i'm talking about is...you know whenever you get things with screws or bolts or nuts that's brand new, these things are still in good condition. but a few of mine weren't like this...they looked exactly as if they have been touched before. also the bolts were not all the way tight either, the black plastic piece under my seat on the left side had a bolt that fell out while i was riding without knowing...and what happened to my surprise today was...my seat was lose!!!! turns out the right side bolt to my seat was missing.

so what should i do? tell the dealer? it's been 6 weeks since i bought the bike...is it kind of late or what?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Over in the UK we have Citizens Advice & Trading Standards who can tell you what your rights are, is there something similar where you are. Unfortunately unscrupulous traders take advantage of the fact that most consumers are not aware of their rights.

The dealer should have gone right over the bike & checked everything before you took delivery, this is the PDI (pre-delivery inspection). If they have missed basic stuff what other things have they missed, that is the sign of a very poor dealership, as are graunched screws. Complain & get them to do the job they were paid to do in the first place, the PDI is included in the price you pay for the bike, make sure they let you have a loan bike whilst they check it over & do not accept it back until you are happy with it. If they don't sort the bike threaten to take the bike elsewhere to check it over & that you will send them the bill, also talk to Kawasaki customer services about your experiences.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Definately speak to your dealer first and see what their reaction is (be firm but not obnoxious). Most dealers want to keep your future service business & will do reasonable stuff to keep you happy. If the dealer won't cooperate, go to Kawasaki with your complaint (good luck with that). :rant Unless you can get either the dealer or Kawasaki to back your complaint, you will end up fixing this or paying to have this fixed on your own as you will have no other legal recourse. There's no citizens "I got screwed" board in the U.S, as far as I know. (BBB is just a joke). My guess is that the dealer will take care of you unless he's a knob :rolleyes

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ghostride your bike through the storefront window then ask nicely if they will fix it for you. J/K~ you have an honest complaint they should get you sqaured away.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What the hell

you must get it back to the dealer and explain very nice to him or her that you have a 44 MAGNUM neatly tucked away for special purpose only and that this is a special purpose so they better get it fixed for you!!!
only kidding!
but you sould get it back to them and let them fix it for you you paid them alot of money for your baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
won't they say that it's my fault since i have touched the bike already? cus i took out the muffler. maybe i can lie to them that i was planning on changing my muffler and when i saw the problems i had to come right away asap so my tailights are hung by metal wires (regarless they already are anyways). would that work?

·
Registered
20 Posts
most dealerships have a 60 day warranty that comes with used bikes bought. i would call them up and double check. when i got my ZX9R, 2 days later i noticed the chain was really loose, so i took it back and had them put a $200(free) chain on it, and im still covered for anything else that happens in the 60 days. they owe you an explanation, so go get it, and get your ride fixed for free!

·
Registered
449 Posts
won't they say that it's my fault since i have touched the bike already? cus i took out the muffler. maybe i can lie to them that i was planning on changing my muffler and when i saw the problems i had to come right away asap so my tailights are hung by metal wires (regarless they already are anyways). would that work?
Don't lie MiJo, it will always nip at your sack in the end.
:eek:hno

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i wanna come up wtih something so they can't say.."oh it's your fault because you shouldn't have touched the muffler in the first place..blah blah blah" or anything that they can use to go against me. so i can say that i noticed the plastic piece was lose and while i was trying to check that i noticed the seat was lose as well so i decided to see what's up...that's reasonable right there...not completely a lie...white lie perhaps?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Be upfront & honest about it.

The loose screws are an indication they were not checked prior to you getting the bike. You need assurance that all the other PDI checks were done. Let them know you are concerned, if anything else is loose or badly adjusted that you don't know about, it can be potentially dangerous on any motorcycle, let alone a high performance bike like the 6R.

I assume you have a brand new ZX-6R.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OH and i forgot to mention...the battery strap wasn't even strapped up..WTH!?

but with all these errors, how can i prove to them that i'm not lying?

·
Registered
53 Posts
you cant prove that your not lying. but if you have a good dealer than they will take the time to make it right for you. like previously mentioned dealers sell bikes and all that goes with it wether it be parts service or moving on to your next bike, if they are good they will take care of you to ensure your future business. I would say that you found these items and ask if it did have the pdi, and how these things got past them, and that you are concerned that there may be similar issues still. I think they will take car of you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
looks like you got your situation fixed. but incase anyone else runs into situations like this, i had a problem with some of the plastic that runs over the mid pipe melting, i had my bike for about 9 months, i found the problem when i was taking it apart for winter mods, i took the parts back to the dealer and they sent it out....pretty much if you are still under your warranty the dealer or kawi will/should take care of you...just my .02

1 - 16 of 16 Posts