Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://ezinearticles.com/ezinepublisher/?id=13040

Traditional material for motorcycle clothing is leather, but thick nylon and other synthetic materials work well too. Kevlar reinforced jeans are better than normal jeans .Normal jeans last 0.6 seconds in the European standard abrasion test, while protective motorcycle pants will last 5 seconds or more. You don’t really want to be ripping your skin open within less than half a second of falling of your bike do you?
I just came across this out of curiosity!!!! I'm going to order some riding pants next week!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you wear?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Good point TMP...

I wear a 2 piece Rocket suit.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you post a picture of that I'll cry for a week. LOL!!!!!!!:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you post a picture of that I'll cry for a week. LOL!!!!!!!:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao
bet my mate lezinhio a grand last week to do just that but he bottled it, you remember i said i'll do anything ti liven this site up? well i'm just waiting on a reply from mr beans and if i get the right answer i assure you i will post that picture right in the heart of london, maybe trafalgar square, moveover ghostrider speedorider is coming through!:rotflmao

·
Registered
184 Posts
Technic mesh pants complete with minor league pads,in the knee,hips and tailbone.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a full set of Teknic Leathers for the track...but I usually wear just a regular pair of jeans...i dont really care..lol

·
Registered
300 Posts
Jut a reminder I found on the web!!!! OUCH

I'm sure that hurt! Look at the pic. :headscratch Dude is wearing tennis shoes. Or was... I can deal with some skin abrasions. I like my feet though. I ride in Magnum High-Tec Police issue boots. Soon to be Joe Rocket...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Awesome bruv (gmac's comment).... Luv eeeet....

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah, we still haven't seen ol' GMAC come thru on his end - SPEEDORIDER!!!!!!!! :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

·
Registered
582 Posts
2piece Joe Rocket for the track. DriRider 3/4 length jacket with CE armour, jeans and Sidis for the road. The Dri Rider is more practical as I use my bike for transport and most of my weekly trips are 100 - 140 miles. However for a weekend ride with mates, then the leathers.
gammac

·
Registered
53 Posts
DEAL WITH SOME SKIN ABRASIONS???? Yikes. (btw, great pic.)

Dainese leathers, zip together jacket and pants. Wave2 back protector. Swift boots, armored gloves.

Anyone who doesn't wear all their gear is either very very very tough, or hasn't come off their bike, skidded across the pavement, and hit a curb... yet. Let me tell you from experience: it sucks, even with all the gear. I don't want to think about what it'd be like w/o it (like the pic probably).

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't want to think about what it'd be like w/o it (like the pic probably)
I've seen a lot of riders lately with no gear at all (it's Summer) and I have realized that they have never gone down and don't know the pain. They are fooling themselves.... If it should happen I would rather be geared up (sweating) than skinned!!!!!!!!! Take another look at that pic!!!! No Thanx!!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've seen a lot of riders lately with no gear at all (it's Summer) and I have realized that they have never gone down and don't know the pain. They are fooling themselves.... If it should happen I would rather be geared up (sweating) than skinned!!!!!!!!! Take another look at that pic!!!! No Thanx!!!
Yes. I see the odd one or several in a Queensland summer in traffic. Singlet, cargo pants, joggers, helmet, no gloves. Makes me wince.
gammac

1 - 20 of 21 Posts