Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Was in the suzy shop few weeks ago getting a tire mounted.. looking around at the new suzy q bikes... they just so dam ugly... looks like something out of a B sci-fi movie making a lame attempt at looking 'futuristic' ... maybe just my opinion.. but the 14R beats it in every aspect...especially looks...

Johnny

·
Registered
5 Posts
People confuse your 14R for a 1K?! I sat on a new 14R, it felt like a Goldwing. It was enormous. When I went back to my literbike it looked like a 250R to me.
Haha, I came off a 1000 to a 14r and I felt the same, but after riding for a bit, it handles pretty well and has pull in more of the rpm range than my 1000rr.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
People confuse your 14R for a 1K?! I sat on a new 14R, it felt like a Goldwing. It was enormous. When I went back to my literbike it looked like a 250R to me.

Yeah... they aren't as distinctive as a hayabusa. Most people think "just another crotch rocket". It only says 14R on one spot per side of the bike and that can be covered by bags.

A hayabusa just looks big and the styling is very unique.

Maybe I need some big 14R decals!

·
Registered
13,377 Posts
I've somehow never seen them side by side, but driving for a living I've seen more of them than I could ever count. The 14 looks big to me even from the other side of a divided highway, there have even been times I thought I was looking at a Concourse and it turned out to be a 14 with a touring screen and bags. The 'busa looks lower to me, and for some reason that also makes it seem narrower. I don't know if it is or not, but I usually have to look at it for a minute to tell it apart from any other ugly cyclops Suzuki. Usually it goes something like "that's sort of long for a... oh, it's a 'busa."

·
Registered
423 Posts
Nothing! Take it from a guy who owns both! The 2008 and up Hayabusa is a monster when comparing to the 2006 to 2011 zx14r. The 2006 zx14 will beat the 2007 and below Hayabusa! But the 2012 and above zx14r is in a whole different category! It is truly the fastest production bike built! I owned the 2002 zx12 that was faster than my 2003 Hayabusa. I've owned the 2002 zx12 the 2003 Hayabusa the 2006 zx14 the 2008 Hayabusa and the 2013 zx14r. The 2013 runs circles around all of them! My 2002 zx12 had the same horse power as my 2006 zx14 with a pipe and power commander, So to answer your question the 2012 and above zx14r will take on any other bike and destroy them! All liters!!!!!!! The 2008 and above hayabusa isn't a slouch either! I know some one is going to come on here and say the BMW 1000r it has no chance! If they removed the governor from the zx14r it would be more deadlier than it already is!!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
well put. no bias or anything. i love comments and realistic experience put in while not being too techincal. I am dealing with busa fanboys at the moment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have had both, a Gen 2 Hayabusa with ecu reflash and now a 2018 ZX14R
I can say i prefer the ZX14R , but still in the run in stage.
Mainly for me it is a better riding position on the Zx14R, you tend to sit up more on the Zx14R compared to the Hayaubsa.
The ZX14R has a lot better instrument panel and setup, but in saying that, i like the Hayabusas speedo and rev gauges better.
There is a lot more aftermarket performance products for the Hayabusa

If you like a more sports riding postion the Hayabusa would be my pick, but if more into sports touring, then the ZX14R is my pick

·
Registered
13,377 Posts
Firing order is something about administration politics, I'm not sure why it's relevant to this discussion... but loose boots mean you're more likely to miss shifts and it's harder to work the rear brake. What don't you understand about this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
As someone who has owned multiple bikes from every one of the big 4 (my first sportbike ever was a Ninja) and truly carries no bias I'd throw this out there.

Sure, the new 14 has more power and is "faster". That said, I currently own a busa and frankly -even with a good 300K hard ridden miles in my past, it's got FAR more power than I need.

I would submit that you likely will not have the chance to really make good use of the power difference between the two unless you are a hardcore drag racer or something.

They are both fast enough to get you into serious trouble if you come across roadkill/poor roads as they accelerate to obscene speeds in a matter of seconds.

The whole _ killer thing is stupid in my opinion too but hey, I'm in my 30s now and have realized I'm not invincible. The people who plan to go race a busa or zx14 on the street probably have a much shorter life expectancy than those who don't. I think once you get to a certain point, it's just spec bragging rights, but in the real world situation most of us are going to be fine with the power of either.

Me, personally I actually find the looks of the busa far more appealing than the zx14. That noted, if I was buying a 1000 again, it would be a 10R in a heartbeat. Obviously many on here prefer the looks of the 14.

Buy what you like the look of and feel more comfortable riding. Personally I wouldn't let the specs/power difference influence my decision as both are insanely fast and honestly far more power than most of us would ever really need to use. The wife and I wanted a sportbike that was also comfortable, that left us with the 14 or the busa, we prefered the styling of the busa over the 14 but frankly both are excellent choices.

I'll also add, that I'm well aware of the power difference etc with the ZX14 but have absolutely zero regrets purchasing the Busa.
I think my ZX12 has enough power and also has sex appeal. She's beautiful and aggressive as hell

121 - 131 of 131 Posts