Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
The Busa was my dream bike to get until the 14 arrived.

Not knocking the Busa by any means and I haven't ridden one either.

But for me, the comfort of the 14r surpasses the Busa. Sat on the Busa again at the NYC bike show and didn't feel comfortable to me. Too much forward lean compared to the 14r. The 14 I can ride all day straight and still be comfortable. I doubt I would feel the same way on the Busa especially with that forward lean.

That said, I appreciate both of their looks and they are very capable machines with the right mods.

I just happened to get a killer price on the 14r and the Busa dealer was nowhere near the 11k price I paid for the 14r.

So the 14r it is for me :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
I feel I must weigh in on this.......Ahem....There is nothing better about a 'Busa' over a ZX14R...Thank you...Thank you very much...................

·
Registered
13,377 Posts
The Hayabusa looks like a *********, pregnant dolphin draped over two wheels. I'll take the George Foreman grill, thanks.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
ZX14-R is KING of the jungle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
George Foreman grill, good one, and slightly true. Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder and I just love the looks of my 16 "matte black" ZX14 SE ABS....after I put some Delkevic slip-ons on. The H-bus just doesn't appeal to me. I came from 17 years of (3) 1100XXs (fabulous bikes) and could not be happier.

ominousone

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All new to this thread stuff and ..... Well time for honesty from the converted.
i sold my ZX12r 9/10 for a new gen 2 busa and found it ok 6/10.
i bought a new ZX14r SE ABS in 2013 and must say it dwarfed the busa on all fronts and a lot better ride 10/10. I am a big unit and the ride /comfort/grunt difference is considerable. i just wish i saw the light a lot earlier and had tried out the 14r !!
Yep... i now bleed green and wont stray again

·
Registered
44 Posts
Or a Honda ^^

:evil
I had 4 Super Blackbirds (and many others) before I bought my 14R. The Bird was a great bike even with the old tech, and I still bet it will last longer than a ZX14 or Busa; however, I never bash what someone chooses to ride...to each their own.

·
Banned
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Well, I just found my old thread and I see that you squids have been having a field day.
lol

What's wrong with the George Foreman grill? I have two of those and can cook a mean burger.

Anyway, I still have my 08 special edition 14, that I bought in 2010 , New.
Well, almost new. It had 1 mile on it.

In January, " I think" it's gonna be 8 years. Man time just flies by. 8 years here? It doesn't seem that long.
I hate getting old. It fucking sucks.
Oh and by the way EZ, I saw your comment about " Oh yes buy a busa" and join the busa forum.
Don't make me do another review, here.

My bike has about 28k miles on it now. I have considered getting a new one, a few times. There's just nothing out there that I like better..

This is how she looks today.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Went for a late lunch spin yesterday and on the way home I was thinking, I've looked at all the latest and greatest out there, with all the whiz-bang tech and riding aids and I really don't think any of them would fit me and my riding style any better, so when this one is worn out, I'd be a moron not to get another like it (or an R). If it just had a bit more wind protection for long hauls....

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
The only thing better than ZX14R or even a Busa is ................................

·
Registered
13,377 Posts
Not the only thing, but I won't argue that it's better.

"Better", of course, being a highly subjective term.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm just getting too old and diseased to ride my '07 GSXR 1000 and this bike ('12 SE) gave me a new reason to get better. I've since put several longer hauls and some two-up with my fraidy-cat girlfriend and all's well. Plus, I hammer the shit out out of the bike at the dragstrip as often as possible. The 'bus is looking its age and the riding position is actually more aggressive (bar wise) than my GSXR so, it wasn't an option.

·
Registered
149 Posts
When the Busa came out it took the world by storm. Literally in 1999 there was nothing like it. It paralyzed the world and was the first to do so. Its unique looks were well justified and the name was catchy and people fell in love. When you here the name Busa, what pops up in your mind? Its a killer sport tourer and has the mileage to boot. I hate to say this, but I enjoy a Busa over my 12.

Between the 14R and the Busa though.... I'd take the R, all day long.

If you had a Busa in 99 you were badass

It was also the bike that started the Speed Wars you hear about. The Busa and the 12 battled but ultimately the Busa won....numerous times over the years. Also when the 14 came out I think it was to late for Kawasaki. The Busa was the established Speed King and when the 14R came out, only people in the know understand that the R is quicker. IF anyone sais otherwise they are full of shit.
It's so funny how I beat these bikes all day long with my 12R. Off the line they get the jump, (of course more torque) after 8k they get an air box full of muzzy exhaust and can't catch me! & my busa brothers WILL NOT go in the back roads with me, which is good so I don't have to wait for them!
My point is that as long as they were beating a smaller bike, they had shit eating grins. Now the bigger bike is stomping there guts out, here comes the damm whining. Take it like a man!!! Bitiches

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had a 2006 hayabusa before my 2015 14R. I found it more comfortable and enjoyed its big bike handling. I sold it a couple of years before buying my 14R.

I was about to get another hayabusa when I read how far the 14R has come along since the first gen.

Ultimately, two things pushed me towards the 14R - ABS (harder to find on a hayabusa) and traction control (critical on a torquey bike). Went to the dealer and they gave me last years model for thousands off! I still love the hayabusa but the 14R is safer, faster, and handles better. I already have 9k miles on mine and we just had our 1 year anniversary. Gotta love unlimited mileage warranties!

I like how the hayabusa can't be confused for just about anything else. It proudly displays its big bike status and doesn't get confused for a liter bike like my 14R. The hayabusa's OEM steering damper was nice and I loved how it shot fire balls out the exhaust during downshifts (full exhaust).

I can't imagine Suzuki will respond to the 14R. I think that hypersport bikes are not doing so good sales wise. They were anxious to get rid of my brand new 14R. I think the younger generation isn't as into sportbikes. They tend to like adv. bikes and some retros.

·
Registered
13,377 Posts
People confuse your 14R for a 1K?! I sat on a new 14R, it felt like a Goldwing. It was enormous. When I went back to my literbike it looked like a 250R to me.

101 - 120 of 131 Posts