·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm just curious.

Should my next bike be a Busa?
Why is the motorcycle world convinced that the Hayabusa is the top dog of hyper bikes?

Why not the zx14?
What is better about the Hayabusa?
Nothing! Take it from a guy who owns both! The 2008 and up Hayabusa is a monster when comparing to the 2006 to 2011 zx14r. The 2006 zx14 will beat the 2007 and below Hayabusa! But the 2012 and above zx14r is in a whole different category! It is truly the fastest production bike built! I owned the 2002 zx12 that was faster than my 2003 Hayabusa. I've owned the 2002 zx12 the 2003 Hayabusa the 2006 zx14 the 2008 Hayabusa and the 2013 zx14r. The 2013 runs circles around all of them! My 2002 zx12 had the same horse power as my 2006 zx14 with a pipe and power commander, So to answer your question the 2012 and above zx14r will take on any other bike and destroy them! All liters!!!!!!! The 2008 and above hayabusa isn't a slouch either! I know some one is going to come on here and say the BMW 1000r it has no chance! If they removed the governor from the zx14r it would be more deadlier than it already is!!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nothing! Take it from a guy who owns both! The 2008 and up Hayabusa is a monster when comparing to the 2006 to 2011 zx14r. The 2006 zx14 will beat the 2007 and below Hayabusa! But the 2012 and above zx14r is in a whole different category! It is truly the fastest production bike built! I owned the 2002 zx12 that was faster than my 2003 Hayabusa. I've owned the 2002 zx12 the 2003 Hayabusa the 2006 zx14 the 2008 Hayabusa and the 2013 zx14r. The 2013 runs circles around all of them! My 2002 zx12 had the same horse power as my 2006 zx14 with a pipe and power commander, So to answer your question the 2012 and above zx14r will take on any other bike and destroy them! All liters!!!!!!! The 2008 and above hayabusa isn't a slouch either! I know some one is going to come on here and say the BMW 1000r it has no chance! If they removed the governor from the zx14r it would be more deadlier than it already is!!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
+1 and the beamer is a quick bike and can run with the 14r up until 4th gear and after that she will start to walk away, I got way too many youtube vids on my page shitting on the beamer, I don't even have a flash and just pc5, brocks and shifter keeps me out front of them all, like you said the busa and all the other is out classed...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm just curious.

Should my next bike be a Busa?
Why is the motorcycle world convinced that the Hayabusa is the top dog of hyper bikes?

Why not the zx14?
What is better about the Hayabusa?
The Busa claimed "fastest" bragging rights because it set its speed records before the voluntary speed limiting crap from the EU kicked in. So even if there was a bike faster, they are all intentionally limited to 186 mph (I think).

But in my opinion anyway, the ZX14 is WAY better in every respect. First of all the Hayabusa is just butt-ugly! I know it's supposed to be designed for maximum aerodynamic effect but so is the ZX14 and the folks at Kawasaki sure made a much better looking ride! I've also owned both Suzuki's and Kawasaki's and I believe that Kawasaki makes a much better machine. Better engineering and better manufacturing.

Of course this is a ZX forum not a Hayabusa forum so you are barking up the wrong tree in my opinion. If you want some sympathy, go to the Suzuki owners forum.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The fuel filter is in the gas tank on the zx14.
Why do they do that? So I can burn my fuel pump up instead of simply changing a filter?
dont worrh about your fuel pump....after 200k i opened up just for check...that means with 15.2 avg. km to liter around 13,300 liters...still running..

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
First of all the Hayabusa is just butt-ugly! I know it's supposed to be designed for maximum aerodynamic effect but so is the ZX14 and the folks at Kawasaki sure made a much better looking ride!

:high5:

·
Registered
418 Posts
A long time ago my wife took a survey on Coke and Pepsi. One of the questions was , if Pepsi was human what would he (she) be like. Turns out that Pepsi is female, and Coke is male. As twenty people, and you will find that they fall into these groups of thinking, and this thinking affects how you experience the taste of the product. The advertisers have used shapes and colors and advertisements to re-enforce these subconscious stereotypes so that they insure a market segment. Busas are female, and Ninjas are Male, just like GM is female and Ford is Male. Think about it for a sec, and you will see that this is correct. We are subconsciously comparing male and female attributes without knowing it. What is your opinion on how this affects the "Which is best" debate we have here???????

·
Registered
379 Posts
Never thought of different bike brands being different sexes. For me, all my bikes have been my beeatches!!! :lmao:

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
The busa is one ugly bitch.

Reactions: Stuck&Ohio

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fuel filter check?

My 14 is very choppy at moderate speeds, with jerking and lurching that will smooth out if i either slow down or speed up. I have 43k miles and just changed the plugs and put in a new air filter, which was absolutely filthy. The new plugs and new air filter smoothed things out a bit, but there's still a definite problem at moderate rpm speeds.
I haven't pulled the fuel pump to look at the filter yet. Does that seem like the next logical step or am i missing something else?

Thanx for the help.

·
Administrator
58,717 Posts
My 14 is very choppy at moderate speeds, with jerking and lurching that will smooth out if i either slow down or speed up. I have 43k miles and just changed the plugs and put in a new air filter, which was absolutely filthy. The new plugs and new air filter smoothed things out a bit, but there's still a definite problem at moderate rpm speeds.
I haven't pulled the fuel pump to look at the filter yet. Does that seem like the next logical step or am i missing something else?

Thanx for the help.
Best to make a new thread.
Let me know and I can change this
What year 14?
Has it had valve clearance checked?
Welcome!:welcome2:
pics or get banned:banned:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Best to make a new thread.
Let me know and I can change this
What year 14?
Has it had valve clearance checked?
Welcome!:welcome2:
pics or get banned:banned:
This thread is like a zombie apocalypse :majoreact:

·
Registered
1 Posts
As someone who has owned multiple bikes from every one of the big 4 (my first sportbike ever was a Ninja) and truly carries no bias I'd throw this out there.

Sure, the new 14 has more power and is "faster". That said, I currently own a busa and frankly -even with a good 300K hard ridden miles in my past, it's got FAR more power than I need.

I would submit that you likely will not have the chance to really make good use of the power difference between the two unless you are a hardcore drag racer or something.

They are both fast enough to get you into serious trouble if you come across roadkill/poor roads as they accelerate to obscene speeds in a matter of seconds.

The whole _ killer thing is stupid in my opinion too but hey, I'm in my 30s now and have realized I'm not invincible. The people who plan to go race a busa or zx14 on the street probably have a much shorter life expectancy than those who don't. I think once you get to a certain point, it's just spec bragging rights, but in the real world situation most of us are going to be fine with the power of either.

Me, personally I actually find the looks of the busa far more appealing than the zx14. That noted, if I was buying a 1000 again, it would be a 10R in a heartbeat. Obviously many on here prefer the looks of the 14.

Buy what you like the look of and feel more comfortable riding. Personally I wouldn't let the specs/power difference influence my decision as both are insanely fast and honestly far more power than most of us would ever really need to use. The wife and I wanted a sportbike that was also comfortable, that left us with the 14 or the busa, we prefered the styling of the busa over the 14 but frankly both are excellent choices.

I'll also add, that I'm well aware of the power difference etc with the ZX14 but have absolutely zero regrets purchasing the Busa.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As someone who has owned multiple bikes from every one of the big 4 (my first sportbike ever was a Ninja) and truly carries no bias I'd throw this out there.

Sure, the new 14 has more power and is "faster". That said, I currently own a busa and frankly -even with a good 300K hard ridden miles in my past, it's got FAR more power than I need.

I would submit that you likely will not have the chance to really make good use of the power difference between the two unless you are a hardcore drag racer or something.

They are both fast enough to get you into serious trouble if you come across roadkill/poor roads as they accelerate to obscene speeds in a matter of seconds.

The whole _ killer thing is stupid in my opinion too but hey, I'm in my 30s now and have realized I'm not invincible. The people who plan to go race a busa or zx14 on the street probably have a much shorter life expectancy than those who don't. I think once you get to a certain point, it's just spec bragging rights, but in the real world situation most of us are going to be fine with the power of either.

Me, personally I actually find the looks of the busa far more appealing than the zx14. That noted, if I was buying a 1000 again, it would be a 10R in a heartbeat. Obviously many on here prefer the looks of the 14.

Buy what you like the look of and feel more comfortable riding. Personally I wouldn't let the specs/power difference influence my decision as both are insanely fast and honestly far more power than most of us would ever really need to use. The wife and I wanted a sportbike that was also comfortable, that left us with the 14 or the busa, we prefered the styling of the busa over the 14 but frankly both are excellent choices.

I'll also add, that I'm well aware of the power difference etc with the ZX14 but have absolutely zero regrets purchasing the Busa.

Very fair comment

81 - 100 of 131 Posts