Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is meant to be motorcycle related (not extracurricular activity related) :mrgreen:

What are some of the bad habits you are dealing with when you ride? Do you remind yourself to do something different to help you get rid of some of these bad habits?

·
Registered
498 Posts
So far none that i know of.....

One thing though... the disbelieve on peoples faces upon looking at me owning and driving the 14 when i'm 5'3 weighing 42kg. Small owner big bike...

·
Registered
236 Posts
? nothing .........

·
Registered
208 Posts
This is meant to be motorcycle related (not extracurricular activity related) :mrgreen:

What are some of the bad habits you are dealing with when you ride? Do you remind yourself to do something different to help you get rid of some of these bad habits?

Speeding of course, what else?:evil

·
Registered
188 Posts
definitly speeding, also if anyone overtakes me i immediatly give chase, primal instincts eh!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ya, speeding is a big one.....I also have a bad habit of blowing bubbles with my gum while I'm riding, can be very messy when it pops inside the helmet :rant

·
Registered
683 Posts
I think they call it target fixation. I catch myself looking at irrelevant stuff when I should be paying attention to important stuff. Like sometimes I catch myself riding through intersections and staring at the green light. I should be looking through the intersection and the road ahead but i catch myself looking at that stupid light. I think lights distract me quite a bit. I guess its lack of concentration.
T

·
Registered
60 Posts
+1 +1 yea definitely staring off at unimportant stuff, that's my worst one

·
Registered
67 Posts
Power shifting.

I ride in the dirt as much as on the road....it's a difficult transformation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking at hot chicks staring at me and my eyes "target fixating" away from that big truck ahead....=P

But I agree; I too am guilty of throttle jockeying (when a rice mobile attempts to bypass me....must be out of morbid curiosity lol)

·
Registered
990 Posts
definitly speeding, also if anyone overtakes me i immediatly give chase, primal instincts eh!
Me too with the overtakes, hard work on the 500 when it's bigger bike but I enjoy a challenge :crazyloco

The other one is overtaking just one more car before an oncoming bend or roundabout :scared

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Done all the above at some time or another I'm sure, but I have a small person in my head that convinces me I'm a better rider than I am and I have to tell my self the words My well riden Uncle once told me " You are never the master of the bike ,You are never better than the bike, and the second you think you are you will learn you are not" I have my fun and I'm a decent rider but I firmly believe those words have kept me out of more than one gaurd rail or curb or ditch or etc.... Thanks Uncle Bill

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lets see..I always look at the people in the vehicles i pass...i dunno..its weird...and I always try to stunt in front of the ladies...lol...i.e.: wheelies, ridin on the tank..blah blah blah.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I once took a picture of the speedo doing almost 140. DUMB!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts