Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the small wire cable with two loops on the ends are for. The one end is tried around a pole and the other end doesn't seem to have any place to go?
Thanks

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
it's the lock cable for a 2nd helmet.
pretty cheezy idea. cable goes through the chin strap buckle. There's a little tab that the end of the loop hooks onto and then you close the seat and voila, locked helmet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yep...and if they would have added 10" or so to the cable, you could run it through the chinbar instead of the D-rings and it would actually be useful. And why put a helmet lock on the left side and cable lock on the right side? Why not use two of the same type of helmet-securing device?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Yep...and if they would have added 10" or so to the cable, you could run it through the chinbar instead of the D-rings and it would actually be useful. And why put a helmet lock on the left side and cable lock on the right side? Why not use two of the same type of helmet-securing device?
I wonder if the Concours helmet cable locks are a similar platform to the Zx-14 cable locks.:rotflmao:rotflmao

·
Premium Member
13,204 Posts
Actually, the Concours helmet lock cable is longer so you can hang yourself when you realize how slow and heavy it really is.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wonder if the Concours helmet cable locks are a similar platform to the Zx-14 cable locks.:rotflmao:rotflmao
You know that now, someone will look up part numbers and post 'em...and claim that because the Connie's cable is longer and has a different part number, there's no way Big K's engineers based the design on the ZX cable. :smile

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its a lock that just doesnt work as we found out when our Shoei helmet was cut off and gone, but they did leave the buckle and cable intact, and walmart refused to review video from lot cameras to help us find thief.

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
Its a lock that just doesnt work as we found out when our Shoei helmet was cut off and gone, but they did leave the buckle and cable intact, and walmart refused to review video from lot cameras to help us find thief.
so the lock worked but they cut the helmet strap?
Why would they do that? Helmet would be no good.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Damn I thought that strap was a tow rope for Suzukis .

·
Registered
44 Posts
nah is so you can strap the girl to the back so the tshirt "If you can read this the bitch fell off" would become irrelevant.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Nopers - Harleys
That little thing would snap before you ever got an 800lb Harley moving . I'm sticking with my Suzuki theory :rotflmao.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's because those "security cameras" are there to watch for union organizers, not to keep their customers and their customers' property safe...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts